Hydrostatic Rider wants to die when you let off the pedal; what could be the cause?

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
  • / Hydrostatic Rider wants to die when you let off the pedal; what could be the cause?
I have a Hyrostatic Drive Automatic
46-inch Deck Huskee Riding Mower
from Tractor supply.
it's a Huskee Supreme SLT 4600. (2005 Model)
It Runs Great; But; wants to Die
when you letoff the Gas.
What could be the cause?
It has a Briggs and Stratton 22 HP ELS 656 V-Twin in it.
It Runs great has long has the Pedal is down

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Hydrostatic Rider wants to die when you let off the pedal; what could be the cause?
I am assuming you are talking about the brake pedal. Does the engine also die when you engage the deck. Most likely cause is the seat switch or the associated wiring.

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
I am assuming you are talking about the brake pedal. Does the engine also die when you engage the deck. Most likely cause is the seat switch or the associated wiring.

NO I am talking about the gas pedal; it's a hyro-static drive system;
when your press the gas it goes forward; when you let off the gas it brakes automatically
there is NO brake Pedal; But when you let off the gas it wants to die;
when your ON the gas it runs Fine!
What could cause this?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the mower is just setting and running at full throttle, what does it sound like. Does it just die, or lopes up and down, describe what it is doing in detail if possible.

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
If the mower is just setting and running at full throttle, what does it sound like. Does it just die, or lopes up and down, describe what it is doing in detail if possible.

I can Mow all day and it runs just fine;
BUT when I let off the gas pedal it just turns off or dies all together.
If I get on the gas pedal again fast enough you can keep it running has LONG has you STAY On the Pedal!
What could cause this?
it's a hyro-static drive Model; So
when your press the gas it goes forward; when you let off the gas it brakes automatically

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will it run if the deck is turned off and your foot is off the gas.

txzrider2

Threads
It seems to me that what you are calling a gas pedal is not a gas pedal but the hydrostatic control, you should have a throttle that is set to max and not used to control mower speed. pushing down on the pedal makes the pump move the mower forward... letting off should put it in effectively neutral. Pushing on the bottom on the pedal should make it back up. Are you running the mower at max throttle?

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
It seems to me that what you are calling a gas pedal is not a gas pedal but the hydrostatic control, you should have a throttle that is set to max and not used to control mower speed. pushing down on the pedal makes the pump move the mower forward... letting off should put it in effectively neutral. Pushing on the bottom on the pedal should make it back up. Are you running the mower at max throttle?

I do have a Hydrostatic Control Pedal; But on My Tractor Pushing backward on the pedal does NOT make it reverse
On My Model I have Deck height lever on one fender. Then I have a Netural; Forward; and Reverse lever on the other fender.
On the Dash; is ONLY a Thottle Lever; and the Key.
Has Long has I'm going forward i.e. holding the gas/hydro pedal down it runs Great!
When I Let Off the gas it just dies.
What could cause this?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lets clear something up right quick. You do not have a hydrostat. You have a variable speed drive system. Above your gas pedal there is normally another pedal that you push down to start the mower. Just sitting still and without the deck running, what happens when you release that pedal.

Also if possible could you provide the 13 series model number off of the tag under the seat, so I can see what this thing looks like.

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
Lets clear something up right quick. You do not have a hydrostat. You have a variable speed drive system. Above your gas pedal there is normally another pedal that you push down to start the mower. Just sitting still and without the deck running, what happens when you release that pedal.

Also if possible could you provide the 13 series model number off of the tag under the seat, so I can see what this thing looks like.

ILENGINE;
If you think can help me here;
a Local Mower Repair shop
Told me that it may be a failing Safety Switch.
after all it is 10+ whole years old;
I figure; it's about time for electronic's to fail

numbers1.jpg