simplicity 4212g mower belt length?

rdish60

Forum Newbie
Threads
anybody out there know the mower belt size in inches?...outside diameter of the mower belt.....not the deck belt which I believe is 54 inches....thanks...need to order a spare off ebay so I need the exact size......thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please give us them units model number (probably begins with 169) of your unit. Because that tractor was built over a couple of years, need to look up the exact unit.

rdish60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please give us them units model number (probably begins with 169) of your unit. Because that tractor was built over a couple of years, need to look up the exact unit.

will have to get back to you on that....tractor is at another property.......thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nearly all of the simplicity parts manuals are available on line, once you have your model number look the part number up.
Then go to http://www.gates.com/all-search-tools/automotive-interchange-search-results and dial in your pert number to bring up the Gates equivalent.
From there you click on the gates part number which brings up a second screen and clicking on the part number in that screen will bring up the specs of the belt.

rdish60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nearly all of the simplicity parts manuals are available on line, once you have your model number look the part number up.
Then go to http://www.gates.com/all-search-tools/automotive-interchange-search-results and dial in your pert number to bring up the Gates equivalent.
From there you click on the gates part number which brings up a second screen and clicking on the part number in that screen will bring up the specs of the belt.
very good.......thankyou much....good thinking ...now you know why I was always behind the eight ball most of my life !

rdish60

Forum Newbie
Threads
no specs given on gates belt replacements.........nearest I can figure is 70 inches for deck belt and 90 1/2 for mower belt....not sure of either

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Drop the "sm" off the simplicity part number 1716854SM for the transmission belt and you get 6643BR gates belt = 90 & 3/4 x 1/2"
Remember they are kelvar belts and not plain old rubber fan belts.
There are a lot of 4212G's listed so could not do any good chasing up the deck belt.
Not bad considering we do not get Simplicity parts down here.

You might also find the belt numbers listed in the owners manual which is downloaded from the Simplicity web site.
I use Jack small Engine web site to get thatse part numbers if you are interested

rdish60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Drop the "sm" off the simplicity part number 1716854SM for the transmission belt and you get 6643BR gates belt = 90 & 3/4 x 1/2"
Remember they are kelvar belts and not plain old rubber fan belts.
There are a lot of 4212G's listed so could not do any good chasing up the deck belt.
Not bad considering we do not get Simplicity parts down here.

You might also find the belt numbers listed in the owners manual which is downloaded from the Simplicity web site.
I use Jack small Engine web site to get thatse part numbers if you are interested
YES SIR....I GOT THE MANUAL DOWNLOADED AND PRINTED....A 90 AND 1/2 INCH BELT FOR THE MOWER......SEEMS CORRECT .....HOWEVER WHEN I LOOK IT UP ACCORDING TO THE PART NUMBER 10805 FOR THE 36 INCHMOWER DECK IT COMES UP AS A 70 INCH BELT....THE BELT THAT BROKE WHEN USING IT LAST WEEK MEASURED 54 INCHES UNLESS A PIECE IS MISSING.......SO NOW I AM FAIRLY SURE OF THE MOWER BELT SIZE BUT NOT SURE OF THE DECK BELT SIZE.....SO I ORDERED A 54 INCH BELT AND A 70 INCH....THE FBI WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME WITH THIS ONE......THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS THOUGH ..IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED