mystery motor

granpa49

Threads
I was recently given a Husqvarna zero turn mower with motor trouble. The motor is a Kawasaki but I cannot find that particular engine anywhere on the web. The code number is FH601V-AS10. I can find info on S01, S09, etc. versions but no S10. The complete information on the engine is Code FH601V-AS10, E/NO FH601VA13137. Next, I tried to find the model number on the mower. No luck. I went to the Husqvarna web page and clicked on how to find your model number. I got an error message saying the page couldn't be found.

I'm starting to think this mower is haunted or something. It is like looking in a mirror and not seeing a reflection. It is like that motor doesn't exist. I would appreciate any info I can gather on it. I will probably be replacing it. If it has been discontinued I'll need to find a replacement, perhaps some other brand.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
SO what is the problem ?
IT is a FS 600 series and the rest is just PTO / trim / air filter & warranty information

granpa49

Threads
SO what is the problem ?
IT is a FS 600 series and the rest is just PTO / trim / air filter & warranty information

According to various sets of engine specs for the different versions of this engine, some have a 1" shaft while others have a 1.125" shaft. This motor has been discontinued and I've not found a site with interchange information. I was hoping to get the mounting dimensions (bolt pattern, shaft size, etc.) of the specific engine on my mower so I could evaluate possible replacements whether staying with Kawasaki or going with another brand. There is more variation between the different versions than the parameters you listed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
According to various sets of engine specs for the different versions of this engine, some have a 1" shaft while others have a 1.125" shaft. This motor has been discontinued and I've not found a site with interchange information. I was hoping to get the mounting dimensions (bolt pattern, shaft size, etc.) of the specific engine on my mower so I could evaluate possible replacements whether staying with Kawasaki or going with another brand. There is more variation between the different versions than the parameters you listed.

The bolt pattern is the same within each series thus all FS will have the same centers and funny enough all V twins with a 1" shaft have the same bolt mounting centers
All engines with a 1.125 shaft have the same bolt patten, but not necessarily the same as the above.
The singles are a bit different and the side bangers can be different again.

All that is important is the PTO shaft diameter & length
If the new engine is the same with those 2 it will fit and the worst thing is you might have to swap over some of the control plates or alternators or mufflers.
So pull the PTO pulley off and measure its diameter & length.

To make their life easy most mower companies specify the bolt pattern and they make it the same for all engines so they do not have to drill different hole patterns.
This is the bolt pattern
View attachment FR-FS-FX_boltpattern.pdfView attachment FR-FS-FX_boltpattern.pdf