7260G Carb Float part number 681639

joevan30000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having a hard time finding a carburetor float for 681843 carb. The float part number is 681639. Does anyone know if there is a replacement float for this carburetor? I can't find anything on ebay and lawn boy says this part number is discontinued. Thanks

Teds

Threads
It appears this carburetor is the all plastic modular carburetor? Should be able to find a float for this, check to see that's the correct part # you are searching for.

What I did, was ditch the plastic carburetor altogether for an older style, metal body carb. The reed plate and air cleaner needs to be changed along with the carb but the whole shootin' match will then bolt right up. The plastic carbs are not always thought of very highly by repairmen. Might think about that strategy if you have to. But, I was able to find a float when I was messing around with the plastic style carbs.

joevan30000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah the carb is all plastic. I've double checked the part numbers and that is the correct part number. Lawn boy website says the float and carb are discontinued. I've also checked other small engine websites and they are long gone. I've checked all the local lawnmower repair places and nobody has one. I've been checking ebay but all I can find are complete carburetors and they want $100-$120. I'm hoping to find a float but if I can't I will look into getting an older metal body carb, reed plate, and air cleaner.

Teds

Threads
Yes, I've seen the prices some folks want for the modular carbs. Cost more than the mower is worth. I bought a used carb for $15, it was gummed up but cleaned up nice.

Is the float itself missing altogether or, is the epoxy coating damaged? Keep looking on eBay, that's where I got mine. I could maybe be persuaded to send you mine if it is a True Emergency ha ha.

viperv10

Threads
Could you tell me what model no. your mower is ? Is your float plastic or cork. Try looking up lawn boy part 681844. It is a cork float that works on a lot of
D series engines, or part no. 681644, that is a plastic float with the needle built into the top of the float. You get the float bowl with it with this part no.
Ebay has both types. I hope this helps.
Jerry

joevan30000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone for the help. The float is hollow plastic. The plastic is cracked and the gas is sinking the float. Good thing is I think I may have found one here locally. The mower is 7260G. I will check that part number out on ebay. Thanks again everyone.
IMG_0513.jpg

viperv10

Threads
Hi again. I wasn't sure if the mower or the carb was 7260G. Buy looking at your picture, you need part no. 681644, but make sure you order one that includes both the float and the bowl. From some sellers you only get the bowl. If you found one locally, great. I saw one on oldlawnmowerparts.com for about $20. Just do a google search because several places still have these in stock, but not the floats themselves separately. Good luck.
Jerry

joevan30000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Jerry,
I'm glad you posted because the place that was suppose to have one locally doesn't so I'm ordering from oldlawnmowerparts.com!
Thanks again
Joe

viperv10

Threads
sorry , its oldmowerparts.com.