Snapper Electric Starting Issue

TheBlade

Forum Newbie
Threads
12 hp Snapper Riding Mower SR1433.
Strong engine can be started by flywheel (pull start) and runs strong - no problems there!
Electric start a different problem: I can get it to start on one crank of key. If it doesn't start on first crank, I get not crank after that for a few hours. Let me say right here, battery is new and strong 425 cold cranking amps.

Here's the strange thing: If I turn the key to briefly crank engine but not a full start, I can do that all day. But turn the key one time to FULLY start engine and then stop engine, I can't get it to crank again at all!!!!

Sounds like an wiring issue, maybe soleniod... not sure. I would guess its not the starter because of the fact I could repeatedly crank engine without fail.
I'm not familiar with wiring systems on Snappers - I know Briggs and Stratton Engines mechanically.

Has anyone had this problem or have a clue for me to troubleshoot?

Any info greatly appreciated.

IMG_1959.JPGIMG_1962.JPG

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
12 hp Snapper Riding Mower SR1433.
Strong engine can be started by flywheel (pull start) and runs strong - no problems there!
Electric start a different problem: I can get it to start on one crank of key. If it doesn't start on first crank, I get not crank after that for a few hours. Let me say right here, battery is new and strong 425 cold cranking amps.

Here's the strange thing: If I turn the key to briefly crank engine but not a full start, I can do that all day. But turn the key one time to FULLY start engine and then stop engine, I can't get it to crank again at all!!!!

Sounds like an wiring issue, maybe soleniod... not sure. I would guess its not the starter because of the fact I could repeatedly crank engine without fail.
I'm not familiar with wiring systems on Snappers - I know Briggs and Stratton Engines mechanically.

Has anyone had this problem or have a clue for me to troubleshoot?

Any info greatly appreciated.

View attachment 32176View attachment 32177

This should be helpful .... this phamplet actually has diagrams but they are for a Murray however there is testing
information that you can use ..

http://www4.briggsandstratton.com/m...rical from MA-S-1612 2004 Quick Reference.pdf

check out the solenoid .... then I would check the valves for adjustment ..