fuses getting hot to burn you

tub

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a topic discussed before. A good DVM has a current setting up to 10 amps DC, maybe more. I believe the clutch uses DC like most of the rest of a tractor system. I believe the running current of a "good" clutch was once mentioned here as up to 15 amps (memory), which would blow the little fuse inside my DVM (10 amp max and replaceable). Another problem seems like the running setup...open the connector on the clutch wire and insert the DVM in SERIES on the line without chewing up the setup while briefly using the clutch. I have not done this, but did once check an electric fuel pump on an older Audi which specified a running current of about 12 amps, I believe. It passed. Perhaps others will respond.

Is there a way to check the safety modual with a volt meter dont have a amp meter the dc.volts going to clutch is 14 when running wide open same volts going to battery

tub

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok had to change the interlock modual Thanks for the help got the little tiger up and running all safteys working now with a little tlc. and a few parts and help from yall grass has been mowed the dog dont get lost now thanks agin TUB .