Honda HRX 426 Hunting

Mindak

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys I picked up a HRX426 a few weeks back as a non starter.
I'm now at the point where it's hunting but fine on choke!
Iv had the carb off many times so is clean as a whistle, cleaned out the air fuel lines, fresh fuel, plug and filter
I'm not sure what to try next... Gaskets... New carb?
Any help would be great!
Thanks

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi guys I picked up a HRX426 a few weeks back as a non starter.
I'm now at the point where it's hunting but fine on choke!
Iv had the carb off many times so is clean as a whistle, cleaned out the air fuel lines, fresh fuel, plug and filter
I'm not sure what to try next... Gaskets... New carb?
Any help would be great!
Thanks

It could be the spacer between the carb and engine or gaskets but most likely the idle circuit of the carb is not cleaned properly.
Have you removed the idle mixture screw with limit cap and the top philip screw that faces down and cleaned in the holes?

Mindak

Forum Newbie
Threads
It could be the spacer between the carb and engine or gaskets but most likely the idle circuit of the carb is not cleaned properly.
Have you removed the idle mixture screw with limit cap and the top philip screw that faces down and cleaned in the holes?

Thanks for the reply, the only thing I didn't remove was the factory fitted screw which I heard will need to be broken in order to remove!
If anything there may be one slightly torn gasket and the others have bee fairly compressed, so not sure whether to try a gasket kit next.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the reply, the only thing I didn't remove was the factory fitted screw which I heard will need to be broken in order to remove!
If anything there may be one slightly torn gasket and the others have bee fairly compressed, so not sure whether to try a gasket kit next.

You can get them off by not breaking them.

Use a soldering iron or a small gas torch (remove all petrol source from carb) and heat cap which melts the glue. Do it for a about minute and pull cap off.
Remove screw and clean in hole and clean screw. Fit screw all the way until it tightens or seats. Now spray carb cleaner at front of carb(where choke plate is) in the small holes on the right. The spray will clean the idle circuit and also spray down the Philips screw hole. If you have removed the idle screw then it usually backs out 4-5 turns to remove the Philips screw.
Now back out the idle mixture screw (one with the cap) about 1 1/2 turns.
This should fix the problem as well as replacing any gaskets.