Trans Cross brace broke. Anyone else?

Kremeneon

Threads
Mine broke also, and the 123292 part is $132. How can I be sure i am getting the heavy new one?

The OLD part # was 118942,* NEW number is 123292. Any references to the old number I have found show it as superseded by the new. I'd say you will get the right part. My question is if it will be black or yellow. The one I ordered arrived black, but the factory installed ones are painted yellow.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just upgraded to a Raptor SD recently, and browsing this thread had me wondering if the production 2017 SD's had the redesigned braces. Went out this morning before work and checked, and it appears the new brace is standard now. Snapped a couple of photos while I was out there. Still gunna keep an eye on those bolts though :smile:

This assembly basically shows 2 shear points. (post #26,first photo)
Is there a correct way in which to orient the bolt in this situation?

mhavanti

Threads
Both the verticle and horizontal bolts needs to have their shanks to be no less than a quarter inch longer than the entire distance of their thru contact points, then flat washers on both the bolt head and the nut end with a locking nut doubled should solve any further problems.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Both the verticle and horizontal bolts needs to have their shanks to be no less than a quarter inch longer than the entire distance of their thru contact points, then flat washers on both the bolt head and the nut end with a locking nut doubled should solve any further problems.

TYMH

mhavanti

Threads
My pleasure.

Kremeneon

Threads
I just installed my new brace. It is much beefier than the one I took out. The removed unit was one year old original design with a crack in it.

I reused the original lock nuts to double up on the new ones.

mhavanti

Threads
Would it not be fairly easy to grind thru the crack, weld it back up, then get a piece of heavy wall tubing to duplicate the new cross brace and sell it to someone in need of a souped up cross brace? That may help someone out that doesn't have the skills to do so and take theirs in exchange and do it again.

Glad you're up and running.

Max

Kremeneon

Threads
Would it not be fairly easy to grind thru the crack, weld it back up, then get a piece of heavy wall tubing to duplicate the new cross brace and sell it to someone in need of a souped up cross brace? That may help someone out that doesn't have the skills to do so and take theirs in exchange and do it again.

It wouldn't be too hard to enhance the original design brace. But after having both in my hands now and examining them up close, the new design is nearly twice the metal thickness and more generous all around. Certainly the bottom is where they break, and it could be beefed up without a whole lot of effort if someone had a nice welder, and the knowledge to use it.

For the price of shipping I'll send my old brace to someone who wants to experiment with it.

The old part to new part is a whole other level. While looking at them it occurred to me they tried to design this brace for a homeowner mower, it broke, so they just threw the fasttrack part at it.

old vs new:
IMG_4591.jpgIMG_4592.jpg

I still think those welds are the weak point and could have been done much better. The weak point on this beefy part may be plenty strong to last forever, time will tell.

mhavanti

Threads
Mr. Nower,

What is "Sub'd" ?

Thank you in advance,

Max