Trans Cross brace broke. Anyone else?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like my $3000.00 dollar Husqvarna Residental mower has.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not at all. Even after 10 years of use.

Stingray69

Threads
I had this problem before the re-designed bracket came out. My dealer got me a new one under warranty. Before installing it I put a piece of tubing the full length between the two tabs that were breaking. I then ran a piece of grade 8 all thread through both hydros and the bracket with the tube in it. I double nutted everything. That was 260 hours and two years ago. Never been a problem since.

mhavanti

Threads
I have the replacement cross brace and the clutch cover which is basically another brace as much as a clutch debris cover. With both of those in place, the SD is so rigid it lifts the front tires fairly often when in transitions that have dips or drop offs to a flat surface that aren't in the same plane. I didn't think I liked the slight flex before. However, I can see the flex was a good thing up to a point.

Color my SD "Stiff"

clubairth

Threads
Had a cracked plastic fender under warranty on my Raptor 54SD. Turned out the dealer replaced the fender and I got the upgraded brace installed to.
Still painted black and not Hustler yellow.

Kremeneon

Threads
I have the replacement cross brace and the clutch cover which is basically another brace as much as a clutch debris cover. With both of those in place, the SD is so rigid it lifts the front tires fairly often when in transitions that have dips or drop offs to a flat surface that aren't in the same plane. I didn't think I liked the slight flex before. However, I can see the flex was a good thing up to a point.

Color my SD "Stiff"

care to post a pic of the clutch cover? I'd like to do some research on it, I don't have one.

The rest of what you wrote is the absolute key, the chassis should be completely rigid. If you feel any twisting in your feet up and down hills and whatnot then something is loose or broken underneath.

Last edited:

mhavanti

Threads
Kreme,

Next time I have the SD out of the barn, I'll try to get a decent photo of the cover. I sent one to Ronno, maybe he still has it. Ronna, can you supply a photo of my clutch cover ole buddy?

Max

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here ya go............

26692184_10160585901530643_1296151758_o.jpg

Part #120838

mhavanti

Threads
Ronno,

You are a fine young man!

You'd have thought I'd have wiped that off before shooting a photo.

Max