Trans Cross brace broke. Anyone else?

Kremeneon

Threads
Caterpillar yellow, pretty darn close. I've used it for touch up and you won't notice casually once it dries.

CLT Bluesman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow. I have a four year old Fastrack. I better check mine. Is this just a Raptor issue?

turboawd

Threads
Wow. I have a four year old Fastrack. I better check mine. Is this just a Raptor issue?

pretty sure this is just a raptor issue. your fastrack has a lot beefier frame.

Kremeneon

Threads
I was at Lowes yesterday and confirmed the three units they had on display all had the new brace, in yellow.

spetrochko

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine broke in 2 places about a month ago. Still in the shop awaiting the parts to come in. Have also had problems with other (rear) transmission brackets cracking - anyone else having this problem?

dixonb2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was looking at my SD 54" the other day and it looked like my right rear wheel was angled slightly inward. I got to looking at it more closely and found that the brace that runs between the transmissions had broken at 2 of the 4 mounting points. I called the dealer and they have an improved replacement brace that Hustler has come out with and it's covered under warranty. This must be somewhat common but I haven't found any info on it. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE

Hey, I have a hustler SD 54 and my support bracket broke on me yesterday while cutting. The bolt that connects the brace to the hydrostatic completely sheered off causing the hydro to shift downward which caused my right rear tire to angle inward. Once the hydro came down it also caused my belt that runs the hydro cooling fans to snap in half. I have reached out to Hustler and they told me the same thing that they have redesigned a cross support that is supposed to be stronger. I bought mine from Lowes, so I am waiting to hear back from someone to see about having it looked at.

Thanks,
Brandon

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lowes does not do repair work at all. Find an authorized service shop.