hellp

amp19

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi 1st time poster. i am in the hydraulic repair business and am wondering if there is a demand for hydra-static repair on lawn equipment and if so is there a good site for information for troubleshooting &testing thanks

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!
Hopefully we can find someone to answer your questions :smile:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depends what gear you have.
The most usual reason for scrapping a hydro box is wear on the swash plates in the pump or motor.
So if you can polish them flat again there would be a market.
Eaton no longer do mower boxes and there are a lot of them out there, usually found on top end mowers and small compact tractors where the owners are not afraid to open their wallets.
OTOH I do around 200 repairs / year and toss around 4 boxes a year that could be repaired but the owners will not foot the bill.
If you are thinking of doing a rebuild type service, the tractor owners and restorers would be a better market.

amp19

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for your reply as a former tool and die maker and now into hydraulic repair i have a shop with a bridgeport / engine lathe and surface grinder in my shop .just looking for another source of work to keep me busy in retirement

THANK YOU

GARRY

WVSNAPPER

Threads
Welcome to the forum from Northwestern West Virginia. Glad you're here.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
thanks for your reply as a former tool and die maker and now into hydraulic repair i have a shop with a bridgeport / engine lathe and surface grinder in my shop .just looking for another source of work to keep me busy in retirement

THANK YOU

GARRY

Well any mower bone yard should be able to give you a tip truck load of dead hydros cause they are an uneconomic repair ( even if you ca get the parts ) .
Use the search function ( grey hourglass , not google box ) and search Eaton to see what I am talking about.
We had a poster here a few months back with a perfectly good mower but a stuffed swash plate on the pump that is no longer available.
Just remember most mower owners would rather cut off there right testicle than pay a fair price for repairs but there are a ton of old Bolens tractors out there that will run forever if they can get the Eatons services and as there were very expensive tractors in their day most of their owners value them ( down here they were the same price as a small 4 seater car )