1997 MDD GHS Walker Engine Dies Periodically

Globi

Threads
1997 MDD Walker Mower Diesel engine cuts out when cooling fan goes on high speed and reversing direction.

Fuel shut off solenoid drops out and shuts engine down, starts again straightaway....

In case there is someone with the same problem -> I think I fixed it: After 3 days of many dead ends and trials I managed to fix the problem by piggybacking another earth wire to the black wire (earth) on the fuel shut off solenoid to a good clean earth on the mower. I had also to manage to fix the problem by unplugging the solenoid and hooking it up to a separate battery and pushing the solenoid rod in manually before starting. The original earth wire must have had a poor contact making the coil on the fuel shut off solenoid drop out when the cooling fan cut in at high speed for reversing direction and drawing a lot of current.
After cleaning up the original earth wire at the body end near the battery (not in a easy spot to get at) the problem still persisted, so I reconnected the extra earth wire again and all is sweet.