Toro Timecutter 5000

erigney

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lift rod will not stay on and deck drops down on one side 2-3 times every time I mow. I am not driving fast nor am I hitting a lot of bumps or riding over limbs. I have even shifted from 'mow' to 'trim' to slow it down and it just will not stay on. Any ideas...?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Usually it is because you are mowing way too low and the deck gets lifted above the hook so falls off.
They do need a shove to the right ( I think ) regularly because the torque reaction causes the deck to slide to one side of the lift rod and when it gets to the bend it will also fall off.
I think that was fixed in latter models.

have a good look at the fixed support rod.
Despite being 3/4" thick it it dose seem to manage to spring out of the bearing block in which case the deck will need to come off then both bearing blocks come out, get put back kn the shaft then done back up.
Very little space to work in.

I have a lot of widows in my run that insist on mowing the grass 1" and I will get called to refit their deck 3 to 6 times every season.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Contact your local Toro Dealer, I'm told by mine that a 'fix' is available for FREE.

Meanwhile you could temporarily use a zip-tie over the hook to keep it on the rod.