Help starting

Red Good

Threads
When you say the motor turns can you see the flywheel turning , the other is my starter was acting very similar , turning not fast enough to engage and the magnet had come loose inside the starter . Repaired it and all good now . Good luck .

Pdivens

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you say the motor turns can you see the flywheel turning , the other is my starter was acting very similar , turning not fast enough to engage and the magnet had come loose inside the starter . Repaired it and all good now . Good luck .

That's exactly what it sounds like. Guess I'll tear it apart. The flywheel spins about two rotations then sounds like it dies.

Red Good

Threads
If you look in yellow pages find someone who rebuilds starters and alternators they should be able to help . And they see lots of this sort of thing .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's exactly what it sounds like. Guess I'll tear it apart. The flywheel spins about two rotations then sounds like it dies.

Mark the flywheel with a paint pen and then crank the engine and see if the flywheel stops in the same spot every time.
If that is the case then either your starter is worn and can not overcome engine load or the engine load it too high due to lack of decompression or worn cams, bent pushrods etc