Honda Lawn Mower Becoming Hard to Start (HRB215)

mbg

Forum Newbie
Threads
This machine is about 8 years old. It's been well maintained. Since I got it about every one or two years I have had to remove the carb to clean the tiny jet holes to correct a loss in power condition. This has been an annoyance but not a show stopper. Years ago I remember there may have been a replacement jet with larger/fewer holes. Is this true?

OK - now the other issue that developed last year. The mower needs MANY pulls to start. Once warmed up if I choke it it will re-start on first pull every time. I have spark so think I'm having issues with fueling. Seems like the choke engages. I thought it might be the carb gaskets wearing especially since some have rubber and race tracks that probably need to seal well. Last year I ordered some parts including carb gasket kit but unfortunately it did not include these rubber imprinted ones.

Is it time to order more gaskets or should I go full blown new carb and gaskets? (or any other things to check)

Thanks,

Mike

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
This machine is about 8 years old. It's been well maintained. Since I got it about every one or two years I have had to remove the carb to clean the tiny jet holes to correct a loss in power condition. This has been an annoyance but not a show stopper. Years ago I remember there may have been a replacement jet with larger/fewer holes. Is this true?

OK - now the other issue that developed last year. The mower needs MANY pulls to start. Once warmed up if I choke it it will re-start on first pull every time. I have spark so think I'm having issues with fueling. Seems like the choke engages. I thought it might be the carb gaskets wearing especially since some have rubber and race tracks that probably need to seal well. Last year I ordered some parts including carb gasket kit but unfortunately it did not include these rubber imprinted ones.

Is it time to order more gaskets or should I go full blown new carb and gaskets? (or any other things to check)

Thanks,

Mike

Carbs are dirt cheap; why futz with it when you can drop on a spotlessly clean one with all new gaskets for < $30?

mbg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Carbs are dirt cheap; why futz with it when you can drop on a spotlessly clean one with all new gaskets for < $30?

Robert - do you have a source for < $30 carb? Least expensive I found was $36.

Thanks