Engine Mower running to fast

chvbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased this self propelled push mower last year. It is a 159cc, 21 inch. Model # 247.377300. Started it yesterday to mow, and it was running way to fast. It has no throttle control, so I can't adjust it that way. Has fresh fuel, checked air filter, and don't know where to go from there. Sears says to drop it at a repair center. That is a whole lot of help. Any information on this model, and problem would be appreciated.:frown:

PUSH

Threads
Purchased this self propelled push mower last year. It is a 159cc, 21 inch. Model # 247.377300. Started it yesterday to mow, and it was running way to fast. It has no throttle control, so I can't adjust it that way. Has fresh fuel, checked air filter, and don't know where to go from there. Sears says to drop it at a repair center. That is a whole lot of help. Any information on this model, and problem would be appreciated.:frown:

this happened to me last year - the little plastic throttle lever some how got past its stop causing it to run like it 2x its size... I pushed it back over and it fixed it.
not sure what your carb looks like - but worth a look
PUSH

chvbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will take a look at that, but this one has no throttle control. All automatic crap. I will pull some covers off, and look. There is a carb there somewhere.

PUSH

Threads
Also put I in you carb # on youtube .. there are many that are helpful .
carb model # 5X65RU

PUSH

chvbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the info folks. I pulled the cover off yesterday, and took a look. \I found that the throttle link was hanging up wide open. after trying and reassembling a few times, I found the problem area. The thin little mounting bracket used behind the air cleaner, was bent over just enough to interfere with the linkage. Bent that puppy back, and it was fine. I can see where this will be an on going problem, as the bracket is so thin. Maybe make a spacer to add behind it to put it out about .020.