Engine thelakeguy

thelakeguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a D140 John Deere last year and mowed with it all last year and a couple of times this year with no problems. Last week the engine acted as if it ran low on fuel but actually had about half a tank of fuel Today it did the same thing after mowing about 45 minutes. I turned it off and after t cooled about 10 min. it started and ran fine a few minutes and then started misfiring again. The oil level is good with clean oil. The air filter is clean and I sprayed carb cleaner into the carb. Can anyone suggest something I can do to fix my problem?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the carb off and clean it properly.
Take photos all the way because they can be conffusing when putting it back together as it may have multiple gaskets that need to be replaced in the correct orientation & order also springs might have multiple holes.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take the carb off and clean it properly.
Take photos all the way because they can be conffusing when putting it back together as it may have multiple gaskets that need to be replaced in the correct orientation & order also springs might have multiple holes.

Carburetor cleaner in a can may be one of the worst things ever to come along. It may clean the exterior of a carburetor, which has no effect on running. Spraying it inside the carburetor while still assembled doesn't begin to reach all the places which may need cleaning and is about the equivalent of the old phrase, "a quick lick and a promise." This almost always accomplishes nothing. If spraying carb cleaner in a carb fixes it, you should go buy a Powerball ticket because it is truly Your Lucky Day.