Cub Cadet LTX1050. Help!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Blades are installed correctly. The deck around that one spindle has been repaired or reinforced at some time. the blade in one of your pictures is hitting something as shown by the shiny dented area. Also the picture of the complete under side of the deck at the discharge. That piece of metal is part of the deck support bracket. It is supposed to go across the entire discharge area of the deck to prevent flexing. If the blade with the deck is also the blade on the repaired spindle, then I suspect the blade is hitting what is left of the discharge support plate.

Also the deck skirt at the center blade looks like it is pushed upward. Could also be a place for the blade to hit since there is normally not a lot of clearance.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Blades are installed correctly. The deck around that one spindle has been repaired or reinforced at some time. the blade in one of your pictures is hitting something as shown by the shiny dented area. Also the picture of the complete under side of the deck at the discharge. That piece of metal is part of the deck support bracket. It is supposed to go across the entire discharge area of the deck to prevent flexing. If the blade with the deck is also the blade on the repaired spindle, then I suspect the blade is hitting what is left of the discharge support plate.

Also the deck skirt at the center blade looks like it is pushed upward. Could also be a place for the blade to hit since there is normally not a lot of clearance.
Ok. I just ordered this and in case I didn't mention it, I ordered new reinforcement rings when I ordered the spindles. Also, I think I may as well replace the two idler pulleys as well. Then the deck should be good to go. (knock on wood.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151800197717?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

Pumper54

Threads
As ILengine said the one blade is hitting something under there. Turn each blade by hand and look and feel when it hits something, bet it is over by the discharge opening where the reinforcement is. Your best bet to is to spend the money on an owner's manual or a shot manual for the mower as it will be money well spent.
Tom

JonnyBlaze

Threads
The blade with the shiny spot IS the one next to discharge chute. When I spun it, I didnt see it hitting anything but noticed the spindle shaft was bent as it was wobbly when spinning. So I think with a combination of that and deck flexing? that it may be hitting whats left of that finger guard.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep, that will do it.
As the others have said that guard needs to be repaired.
The usual way is to cut it off & weld about 4' of 1/2" reo bar in the gully where it turns up then around the discharge chute and into the gutter on the other side.
If the opening does not have a support at the bottom, every second time you hit a root, fence post, gutter etc the front of the deck will push in backwards and hit the blades again.
I have seen decks with a foot of the front missing where the blade has just cut it right through.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
All done and fixed!

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• 20170515_140135.jpg
    20170515_140135.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: