Toro Timecutter SS4235 (used)

Lawnmower_Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I'm tired of unreliable lawn services and have decided I'm going to mow my own lawn. I have a little under an acre of land and it's mostly open grass with two or three large trees. The neighbor has a similar property and makes pretty quick work of it with his zero turn, so I'm in the market for a used one.

I found this in a nearby town for $1250 and am thinking I'll offer $1000 for it if all checks out. He's not certain on the year of manufacture/purchase, but is looking for a receipt for me. I'd appreciate your thoughts/comments. Thanks!

From his ad:

Toro Timecutter 42-inch Mower (SS4235)

- Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower
- Mulching attachments installed
- Very Good Condition
- Dual blade cutting deck
- 42-inch cutting width
- Variable speed fwd&rev
- 2 speed ranges; fast and faster
- Kohler 2 cylinder engine
- Grass chute has a small crack on it, but it does not affect performance according to seller.
- Estimated 200 hours of use
- Extremely reliable mower, purchased new for $2,600 and well-maintainedtoro1.jpegtoro2.jpegtoro3.jpeg

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a good looking machine. I know a lot of people like to see them all cleaned up but I like them the way this one is. It looks well taken care of. I would buy it as long as your test drive/mow turns out ok. Mow one direction tien turn around and mow back in a different line and then look at the mow job. If all ia well I woud buy it. Do not believe what any one says about maintiance. If you get it do a full service. Oil and filter. Lube everything that has a zerk. White lithum spray grease every pivit piont that moves. This will add life to the mower.

NorthBama

Threads
I agree with Blaz at 200 hours if it has been service regular and you can get it for 1000 would be a good buy.