Engine 721D Grasshopper won't restart after starting

KAlli1966

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a mid 1990's 721D with over 2,000 hours on it. Still mowing, but the last year with a fully charged battery (battery is good... I've had it checked), it won't start unless I use the jumper cables and my truck then if you turn it off, you have to have the jumper cables to restart the mower.

Any ideas on what I need to look into for a fix.

Thanks in advance!

BWH

Threads
I assume your connecting the jumper cables to the battery cables where they connect to the battery? If so I would have to think that you must have a bad connection between your battery and the battery cable either on the hot or negative post.

If your connecting to the solenoid post there could be a few more connections that could be not making a good connection.

KAlli1966

Forum Newbie
Threads
I assume your connecting the jumper cables to the battery cables where they connect to the battery? If so I would have to think that you must have a bad connection between your battery and the battery cable either on the hot or negative post.

If your connecting to the solenoid post there could be a few more connections that could be not making a good connection.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm connecting them to the battery posts like you would do to jump start a truck or car. The battery posts and cables themselves are in excellent condition if that helps.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you mean the engine will not crank fast enough for it to start? Or do you mean it cranks fast enough but will not start?