Toro Wheelhorse oil pressure

CWatters

Threads
Is there an oil pressure sensor or alarm on the wheelhorse range? I have a DH220 (European ride on) and can't seem to find one mentioned anywhere. If not is there a service interval for the oil pump?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is there an oil pressure sensor or alarm on the wheelhorse range? I have a DH220 (European ride on) and can't seem to find one mentioned anywhere. If not is there a service interval for the oil pump?

:welcome:

Pleas post the engine type and model number.
AFAIK no mowers have a service interval for the oil pump.
Oil filters get changed every second season.

CWatters

Threads
Thanks for the reply. It's a Briggs & Stratton 400000 or 440000 Series (not sure which) 21HP OHV engine.

Have now managed to find the engine manual that came with the mower and it mentions an "oil pressure switch (if engine is equipped)" and that it will either sound an alarm or cut off the engine. The mower manual doesn't mention it so probably not fitted. Will have a good look around when weather improves.

Had the RPM drop on me after 45mins use the other day but it seemed to recover on it's own after a few seconds off load. Just wanting to rule out some possible causes. Don't think it was overheating. Oil and Oil filter changed end of last season. Fuel filter was very old so have just replaced that but nothing obvious in it.