RARE SIGHTINGS NEEDED! Anyone with XT1LT42, XT1LT46 or XT2LX42 ??

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / RARE SIGHTINGS NEEDED! Anyone with XT1LT42, XT1LT46 or XT2LX42 ??
Ramblings...No H Depot close has the FI units. There may be several in Portland . The H Depot site shows the single cyl only FI with "1007 testimonials," but it is bogus . After reading along I saw fine print that the testimonials are for the Enduro XT1. Another "catch me if you can." Nothing on the "big twin " FI on H Depot site . The non- H Depot local dealer listed in the Cub Cadet zip code finder does not have any CCadet and seemed unfamiliar with the FI altogether. Typical, I guess, for smaller dealers. The spec sheet on H Depot does not list HP rating for the single. Nothing in the ad specific to the FI feature.

cruzenmike

Threads
Ramblings...No H Depot close has the FI units. There may be several in Portland . The H Depot site shows the single cyl only FI with "1007 testimonials," but it is bogus . After reading along I saw fine print that the testimonials are for the Enduro XT1. Another "catch me if you can." Nothing on the "big twin " FI on H Depot site . The non- H Depot local dealer listed in the Cub Cadet zip code finder does not have any CCadet and seemed unfamiliar with the FI altogether. Typical, I guess, for smaller dealers. The spec sheet on H Depot does not list HP rating for the single. Nothing in the ad specific to the FI feature.

You are correct that Home Depot's ratings system is flawed. Many times I have seen, especially with mowers, that the ratings listed are for models with different engines. I was looking at Cub Cadet's website the other day and they offer the SLX50 which is new for this year and has the twin EFI and all of the other XT2 bits, but the SLX54 has a Kohler engine and fab deck. I then called a local Cub Cadet dealer and they said that they won't stock the SLX50 and that I would have to order it sight unseen. I would consider taking a chance on the EFI in this model but I would have liked to see a K58 trans at the least in it.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, the testimonials...while I do not rely totally on them , they are better than nothing. Always skeptical I also read the Sears, Amazon, and H Frt reviews.
The Sears are weak and short. The Amazon worth reading. The H Frt have the most credibility IMO because they have published a couple of my critical reviews. If a person is familiar with the subject matter it helps. Also I have seen seen some surprisingly good critical reviews published by the latter 2 which even might stop some from buying the product. Those I like. Usually that variety of review is not just a one liner. So we must decide if the H Depot testimonials are "flawed," or tweaked by corporate lawyers to be just inside "fraud."

No doubt most big box buyers could care less if the mower has FI and do not care to know. Only the enthusiast is looking for the diamond in rough, if this FI proves to be so in the entry models.:2cents:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly it looks like Kohler have the EFI manuals on line
Secondly it costs a **** load of money to tool up for a new product so the costing are a waste of time
Thirdly going to retailers forums to get an honest review of a product they sell is a stupid thing to do as it is limited to the models they sell & moderated by the shop.
The best place to go is consummer advocate web sites where all the people who feel agreived can vent their spleens.
People will only wax lyrical about things like mowers on their personal ego space ( feaces book ) to show every one how smart their purchase was.
However on a site that is not directly connected to their ego they will let fly.
We have several sits down here and we are a tiny country of complacient fools so in the USA there must be hundreds of sites like
Product Review https://www.productreview.com.au/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAieTUBRCaARIsAHeLDCQGQxru_i56S5pncej0IQb9pd_iXpOGXEu8_YJBNZ4hVdIhGYufUecaAtBEEALw_wcB

Not Good Enough http://www.notgoodenough.org/

Choice ( a consumer magazine ) https://www.choice.com.au/about-us/products-and-services/top-product-reviews

Whirlpool http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2251950

Just to name a few.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Read and sift, Read and sift. Mix in several tablespoons of experience. Hope lady luck shines.

Edit: FACTOIDS...the XT2LX42 EFI (twin)has dropped off the CC website ad . I "chatted" with CC ...the official word is "all sold out, but may be some in local stock." Hmmm..

Also the model designations should include "EFI" to avoid confusion with the older models.

Last edited:

HS=LD

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would absolutely believe that the EFI twin with a 42" deck would be sold out. That is HUGE power for a 42 inch deck mower. I would have bought that except that I had a free bagger deal with HD and the twin is an XT2 only model so dealer only. The one reviewer on Youtube said he mows at half throttle with the Xt1 single EFi and has plenty of power so we'll see. HD says mine came in so I need to arrange a day to drive the 200 miles round trip to go pick 'er up. Soon. :)

Also, don't forget there was zero tooling costs here: They went to china and said make us an engine with Walbro EFi and we'll buy it and slap it in our already tooled mower units. That's why they are china engines. Hopefully they picked a decent manufacturer. (Though the way the cheap end of B&S and Kohler are these days anything can't be much worse...)

And Ontario, OR just got like 5 of the XT1 EFI units in today. (One of them's mine :) ) So if your headed to Boise anytime soon they're there. :)

Last edited:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
So we do not expect to see the twin at ""big boxes" even though priced (originally) at big box level? With lathes (came close a while back ) I found that there is a large sourcing group in mainland China across to Taiwan apparently building to very similar design drawings.The Taiwan units better made and more expensive. I wonder if the CC twin has dna from the Harbor Freight twin , which (if one believes testimonies) can be a desirable engine. If we see the CC website ad appear again for the twin at a higher price it may be a clue (hey, it's under priced). It seems the west coasters do not have the high selection/volume of the US heartland. Re development costs...Chinese government absorbs huge amounts of industry start-up costs. Also there has been a large Chinese motorcycle industry for some time. Did Walbro know the Chinese "clone" was coming anyway and sell the design, or perhaps bikes there already had a lesser throttle body FI?

I would like to drive the twin.

Edit: Re "power" it seems odd there is no hp rating in the specs and the "chat" man had no clue.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
So we do not expect to see the twin at ""big boxes" even though priced (originally) at big box level? With lathes (came close a while back ) I found that there is a large sourcing group in mainland China across to Taiwan apparently building to very similar design drawings.The Taiwan units better made and more expensive. I wonder if the CC twin has dna from the Harbor Freight twin , which (if one believes testimonies) can be a desirable engine. If we see the CC website ad appear again for the twin at a higher price it may be a clue (hey, it's under priced). It seems the west coasters do not have the high selection/volume of the US heartland. Re development costs...Chinese government absorbs huge amounts of industry start-up costs. Also there has been a large Chinese motorcycle industry for some time. Did Walbro know the Chinese "clone" was coming anyway and sell the design, or perhaps bikes there already had a lesser throttle body FI?

I would like to drive the twin.

Edit: Re "power" it seems odd there is no hp rating in the specs and the "chat" man had no clue.

Motoman, ....... I swear IF, I had the bucks I would buy you 2 of those mowers, 1 to run the piss outa, and 1 to take apart to find out what makes it "tick", .. just to keep your sanity, I think YOUR persistance in these EFI engines is UN-matchable !! AND YES !! I'm constantly watching for ANY new info. I can run across to help satisfy your insatiable appetite for the info. you so desire ! ..Boo ..:thumbsup:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Boobala, You know by now I do not have enough to do...:rolleyes: The old DYT 4000 works, and the newer Husqy is good so I can only armchair, but I would be sorely tempted into one of the CC's , like you say, for reliability and to tell all. Especially the success or failure of home enthusiasts to fix the FI when it acts up. It might be interesting to have a shootout of hours spent with the problems wrestling with carb vs FI.

I bet there are many car buffs who read this site and many who can use the OBD II hand held diagnostic "tablets." It IS a leap from reading a fault code to fixing it, but perhaps there is over reaction to the "complexity" factor with FI. Shotgunning is a curse we (probably) all have done. That is getting close to a problem and then buying unneeded (expensive) replacement parts. With many more candidates (sensors)in the FI it could become a frustration, and forum members have confirmed this. So the discussion will go on. If CC is listening ....BREAK WITH CURRENT INDUSTRY TRENDS AND PUBLISH A FACTORY MANUAL FOR THE throttle body fi LIKE THE ONES AVAILABLE FOR THE COMMERICIAL, PORT TYPE FI!! Oh, and btw, include MIL fault BLINK readout so homeowners don't have to use a laptop, and have a chance.:2cents:

HS=LD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Boobala, You know by now I do not have enough to do...:rolleyes: The old DYT 4000 works, and the newer Husqy is good so I can only armchair, but I would be sorely tempted into one of the CC's , like you say, for reliability and to tell all. Especially the success or failure of home enthusiasts to fix the FI when it acts up. It might be interesting to have a shootout of hours spent with the problems wrestling with carb vs FI.

I bet there are many car buffs who read this site and many who can use the OBD II hand held diagnostic "tablets." It IS a leap from reading a fault code to fixing it, but perhaps there is over reaction to the "complexity" factor with FI. Shotgunning is a curse we (probably) all have done. That is getting close to a problem and then buying unneeded (expensive) replacement parts. With many more candidates (sensors)in the FI it could become a frustration, and forum members have confirmed this. So the discussion will go on. If CC is listening ....BREAK WITH CURRENT INDUSTRY TRENDS AND PUBLISH A FACTORY MANUAL FOR THE throttle body fi LIKE THE ONES AVAILABLE FOR THE COMMERICIAL, PORT TYPE FI!! Oh, and btw, include MIL fault BLINK readout so homeowners don't have to use a laptop, and have a chance.:2cents:

Fuel injection is easy peasy. There is only a distrust of it because its an unknown. I did the injectors on a 1990 Chevy Vette 350. It was pretty much simple. Simple to diagnose and simple to fix. With the throttle body its even easier as there is only 1 injector. There is no mystery to it, it either works which it mostly does and if it's it not, there are only about 3 things that can be off. But you don't actually fix anything, you just figure out what part is bad and replace it. :) (Apologies if this is common knowledge.)

Like I said I'm not at all worried about the EFI, I'm worried about the cylinder coming the through the side of the engine!

And they don't publish the HP ratings because they can't sell a $1795 mower with same HP as their $$2500 mower, nobody would buy the non efi units. That's my guess. (Or they don't know what the HP rating is, that's another possibility.) :)