RARE SIGHTINGS NEEDED! Anyone with XT1LT42, XT1LT46 or XT2LX42 ??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / RARE SIGHTINGS NEEDED! Anyone with XT1LT42, XT1LT46 or XT2LX42 ??
Maybe given that EFI is a relatively new thing on this sort of equipment, it would be a good thing for there to be one place where the subject itself can be discussed so the people contemplating making the jump can get an idea of others' experiences. Or is there a forum here that would be a natural fit for this topic?

Sounds like a GOOD IDEA for a new FORUM .... Not long ago, I convinced the ADMIN to start a NEW FORUM called ( Transmissions & Transaxles ) sure enough.... they obliged, you have to send a PM to the ADMIN and also post in ( SITE DISCUSSION ) Forum,.. making your "plea" takes a while ... but makes life easier on this Forum ! .. like the separation of Engine makes, it would be nice to have separate sections for say... Carburetor-Issues, Electrical-Issues, Belt-Issues .... BUT it's much involved and it takes a great deal of time and probably money also ..?? Give it a shot !! ya get NOTHING accomplished IF ya don't try !! .. :thumbsup:

FOUND my PLEA ......

PLEA.PNG...ANSWERED.PNG

Last edited:

bullrider

Threads
Sounds like a GOOD IDEA for a new FORUM .... Not long ago, I convinced the ADMIN to start a NEW FORUM called ( Transmissions & Transaxles ) sure enough.... they obliged, you have to send a PM to the ADMIN and also post in ( SITE DISCUSSION ) Forum,.. making your "plea" takes a while ... but makes life easier on this Forum ! .. like the separation of Engine makes, it would be nice to have separate sections for say... Carburetor-Issues, Electrical-Issues, Belt-Issues .... BUT it's much involved and it takes a great deal of time and probably money also ..?? Give it a shot !! ya get NOTHING accomplished IF ya don't try !! .. :thumbsup:

FOUND my PLEA ......

View attachment 36933...View attachment 36932

Well I think it would be cool idea - there's a few brands of lawn equipment that now use EFI but maybe not enough of any one brand to gain traction. Don't know how to PM the admin though...

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I think it would be cool idea - there's a few brands of lawn equipment that now use EFI but maybe not enough of any one brand to gain traction. Don't know how to PM the admin though...

You go to the MEMBERS Forum ( top of posting pages ) or you can just click on their name in any posting, Muhammed can be found usually in the "stikys" at the beginning page of ALMOST any FORUM, Catherine ( Bless that girl) can usually be found welcoming folks to the site on "New Members" .... hope you can understand my jibberish ....

1MUHH.PNG...1A CATH.PNG ......... see attach

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally I think it would be best to start a new forum while the info. is in it's beginning stages, and while there is not a great number of "posts" on it yet....... they would have to move almost every post about EFI into the new forum, then (if it gets done) they have to sort through ALL the posts and direct those about EFI to that one forum, I'm NOT a puter type guy, I'm usually better at researching information, but I'm damn good at misplacing it too! ..:laughing: ) So I really don't know how it all works behind the scenes, I DO KNOW ...... the Admin. AND the Moderators do one Hell of a bang-up job keeping this huge bowl of spaghetti in top running order as best they can, ... I tip my hat to em ! ..:thumbsup:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks to Mr Boobala again for putting me onto a good Kohler EFI-related shop manual. He is certainly worthy of commendation as "Chief Archivist and Reference Librarian."

I chose to read one of several manuals offered, the title with EZ in it. Namely, Model EZ 715-EZ 750 (document is dated 2017). Kohler, like Deere, puts out some fine manuals. Not familiar with pro series machines, but this one is far from the little CC throttle body subject of this thread. Nevertheless, some items of interest ...

The V engine uses "port" intake injectors= not throttle body injector, but the EFI tips are applicable.

The engine will work on minimum 6V, but trouble shooting wants fully charged battery of 12.4 v.

Nice discussion of fault code access. These machines have the "usual" cable connection for laptop fault code access to be used with Kohler software, BUT SOME COME WITH BLINK CODE access. (count the blinks which show the same fault codes as the laptop).

According to Kohler if a blink code light is missing it can be EASILY ADDED BY CONNECTING "the tan WIRE" or "connector PIN" shown on their wiring schematic to a small (dash board sized) light bulb and ground. (We need to know the corresponding wire in the CC efi harness too set up "blinking") There is an ignition switch exercise of "on-off" (wait 2 seconds), on-off (wait 2 seconds), then "on" to begin the blink codes, if present.

Kohler has a section on a mechanical governor which is puzzling since engine load and speed are already known by the ECU.

Take a look at this manual. If you are new and "put off" by efi , take little bites and revisit it. ALL EFI TALK IS THE SAME so you will gain familiarity as you browse various articles and manuals. Enjoy (as I know you will):laughing:

Edit: Kohler describes the "little EFI dwarfs" in a way anyone can understand.

Last edited:

bullrider

Threads
I dropped a note to the forum admin suggesting either a fuel systems forum divided up by carburetors and EFI, or just an EFI forum on its own. We'll see.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I dropped a note to the forum admin suggesting either a fuel systems forum divided up by carburetors and EFI, or just an EFI forum on its own. We'll see.

REMEMBER : It does NOT happen overnight....... I think it took around 2 months before Transmissions & Transaxles came to fruition .. :thumbsup:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably a good idea. Just hope it's a "browse" type item of interest so it is read.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Consumer Reports has the CC XT1LT42 rated #1 . This is not the EFI version. I then went to the CC site where they are pushing the little single EFI.
They show the 679 cc twin and have a "learn more" button which leads to a blank page. Happened on to a Home Depot site and they are pushing both the Kohler carb version of XT1LT42 and the EFI for $1500 and $1600. Wonder what happened to the twin? Whetting appetites or hiding problems?

bullrider

Threads
Consumer Reports has the CC XT1LT42 rated #1 . This is not the EFI version. I then went to the CC site where they are pushing the little single EFI.
They show the 679 cc twin and have a "learn more" button which leads to a blank page. Happened on to a Home Depot site and they are pushing both the Kohler carb version of XT1LT42 and the EFI for $1500 and $1600. Wonder what happened to the twin? Whetting appetites or hiding problems?

Maybe people have been quicker to buy the twins and they're trying to move the singles as well. For me it was no issue to take the single with EFI instead of the twin with a carburetor (BTW I paid $1749 for mine). The EFI was costing another $250 when I bought mine, not just $100 more as here. Wish I had 'price protection' on that! I doubt that there have been any problems with the twin engines, unless they are absolutely new designs which I doubt.