BX2230 my first service

Lrobby99

Threads
Hi:

I'm not a mechanic. Just want to be clear.
I'm not going to take anything apart.
But, have a couple questions.

I will remove the mower deck and perform regular maintenance.
Thanks to Youtube, I should have that deck off in under 60 seconds.

The machine needs;
Engine oil/filter change
NAPA FIL1358 is supposed to fit. Any drawbacks? I like a big filter and I see there is plenty of length space available.

Grease all zerks

I have been given two new fuel filters, why are there two?
And these are low pressure, correct?
Will adding fuel into the filters during install do any good?

Thanks~

jp1961

Threads
Hi,

I have a BX2230 also. I've never found a Fram or Purolator filter that cross referenced to the Kubota number. The Kubota dealer does charge a bit more for the oil filter, but I figure why take a chance on a 10k tractor.

Not sure on the fuel filter, normally you have to bleed the diesel injectors after replacing the fuel filter. I did it on my Yanmar but never on my Kubota.

Awesome tractor BTW, mine is 12 year old and replaced nothing,,,still has the original battery!!

Regards

Jeff

jp1961

Threads
Another issue to consider is, would using the NAPA oil filter void the warranty (assuming yours is still under warranty)?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi:

I'm not a mechanic. Just want to be clear.
I'm not going to take anything apart.
But, have a couple questions.

I will remove the mower deck and perform regular maintenance.
Thanks to Youtube, I should have that deck off in under 60 seconds.

The machine needs;
Engine oil/filter change
NAPA FIL1358 is supposed to fit. Any drawbacks? I like a big filter and I see there is plenty of length space available.

Grease all zerks

I have been given two new fuel filters, why are there two?
And these are low pressure, correct?
Will adding fuel into the filters during install do any good?

Thanks~

Kubota's owner's manuals (I've got an L3000DT) are pretty good about telling you what to service, how to do it and when to do it. If you don't have that manual, a dealer can get one for you.

Is this a new tractor? The fuel filter is not due for replacement for hundreds of hours. Don't mess with it until you have to; the manual should tell you how to do it. FWIW, I've never had to bleed injectors on mine after changing a fuel filter. If you're honestly not a mechanic, this may be something you let a mechanic do. Also, are the two fuel filters different numbers? Some diesels use two fuel filters but I've never seen a Kubota that uses two. Yes, they are on the low pressure side of the injection pump.

If you're going to use a different oil filter than a Kubota filter, try to get one that has the same bypass pressure and same or better filtering efficiency. No more often than they need to be changed, why not use the Kubota? A bigger filter gains you nothing if you don't leave it on for the specified time and few people go that long before changing. It's every other 100 hour oil change, meaning 200 hours on the L3000DT. I change the oil once a year and that has run from a high of 80 hours to a low of 25. On those low hours years, I've skipped the oil filter change but no filter has ever been on that tractor for anywhere close to 200 hours, although Kubota says there is nothing to fear. One can look at it like this: If Kubota is happy with the oil filter being on the engine for 200 hours, it must have a lot of reserve capacity already.

*FWIW, we have an Acura RSX which specifies 10,000 mile oil change intervals and 20,000 mile filter changes.

thelanterns

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a BX2350...it DOES have 2 fuel filters. They are both the same, inline filters. My tractor is a 2008 and I've changed the fuel filters twice, the second time just last summer. One is just inside the motor side panel and is not too bad to change, but the other is up under the tractor towards the back...that one is a bitch. I wish they would go with a spin on single filter, it would be so much easier.
If you wanted to get a higher end filter, Amsoil does cross reference with Kubota and I've used there filters before. They are more money though. The Kubota filters are easier to get for me though as my dealer is just 15 minutes away.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two filters .
One to protect the lift pump and another one to protect the pressure pump.
Fairly std on a lot of deisels.
My van has 3 .
One inside the fuel tank. one before the lift pump and one before the pressure pup