RZT 48 won't climb small upgrade

redace63

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a RZT 48 that is 3-4 years old and it runs perfectly but slows down and stops on an upgrade in my yard. I'd appreciate any help with solving this. Thanks

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
What stops? The engine or the tractor?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Replace your drive belt.

RudyP

Threads
Check/adjust the belt tensioner if possible, check the hydro fluid level, replace belt if needed. Your rzt probably has the EZ2200 tranny and if it has been subjected to a lot of slope mowing it may be toast by now as these are really weak units that are non serviceable & heat up fast when subjected to any inclines. Good luck.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check/adjust the belt tensioner if possible, check the hydro fluid level, replace belt if needed. Your rzt probably has the EZ2200 tranny and if it has been subjected to a lot of slope mowing it may be toast by now as these are really weak units that are non serviceable & heat up fast when subjected to any inclines. Good luck.

Do not listen to this. I have these drives and have put them through heck and back at right around 1000 hours and not a single problem. Commercial mowing for 3 years. Someone on this forum has 3000 hours on 4 of them. Change the drive belt.