Throttle position

bhepper

Threads
Have a new Big Dog Alpha (Hustler Raptor) w/ 24HP Kohler 7000 w/SmartChoke. Is full throttle all the way forward or just to top of picture next to lever? Would seem to me full throttle would be all the way forward and smartchoke handling choke duties regardless of throttle position?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have a new Big Dog Alpha (Hustler Raptor) w/ 24HP Kohler 7000 w/SmartChoke. Is full throttle all the way forward or just to top of picture next to lever? Would seem to me full throttle would be all the way forward and smartchoke handling choke duties regardless of throttle position?

The information you are seeking is in the OWNERS MANUAL for your NEW machine !! If you did not get 1 with the machine ...go to the manufacturers website ... enter the required information ... and retrieve your manual for DOWNLOAD ..!! ..:thumbsup:

bhepper

Threads
The information you are seeking is in the OWNERS MANUAL for your NEW machine !! If you did not get 1 with the machine ...go to the manufacturers website ... enter the required information ... and retrieve your manual for DOWNLOAD ..!! ..:thumbsup:

Except it's not. The only thing it states in the engine manual (which btw was not included) is that it does engage smart choke in all throttle positions. The owners manual for the mower just talks about starting engine with throttle at half speed. This leads me to believe all the way forward is indeed full throttle.

rbsmith6

Threads
Do you start your other machinery at full throttle? I certainly wouldn't start a car that way. Mine starts at idle setting.