Grass collector probs

tjf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys,
I have a Countax c300h with a grass collector. When I attach to two the collector brushes wouldn't go round. The drive pulley on the tractor is going round but as soon as I attach the drive belt to the collector the belt won't spin. If I "help it" it terns for a very short time then stops and sounds like the belt is spinning on the drive pulley. I have tried different tensions on the belt but no difference.
Just a note, The collector has been stood for about 6 years but was brand new with about 4 hours use.
Thanks
Tim

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Guys,
I have a Countax c300h with a grass collector. When I attach to two the collector brushes wouldn't go round. The drive pulley on the tractor is going round but as soon as I attach the drive belt to the collector the belt won't spin. If I "help it" it terns for a very short time then stops and sounds like the belt is spinning on the drive pulley. I have tried different tensions on the belt but no difference.
Just a note, The collector has been stood for about 6 years but was brand new with about 4 hours use.
Thanks
Tim

I know nothing about your mower except the few videos I just watched. But in general the problem you are having would be one of 3 things. Now this is just my limited knowledge of your mower.
1. Check to see if bagger works freely with out the belt connected to the mower. If not then the time setting has allowed the bearings to lock up.
2. Something could have nested inside of your bagger and you need to remove the nest
3. Belt has gone bad and needs replaced. Belts can and do go bad just sitting especially in weather.