HM 100

Lockheed

Threads
I have a generator with a Tecumseh HM 100 159409R. I bought this new. It has always run terrible. Pops and surges. It actually works better under load. It is a fixed jet. I have heard everything from drill out the small hole in the main jet to replace the carb with an adjustable jet carb. It has a 640260 carb. Do they make a carb that will bolt up the same that I can adjust? I haven't found one yet.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had a HM 100 10 HP on a Yard Machines Chipper/Shredder and it was hard to start ... I fiddled with the carb constantly because the mixture screws were so loose ... I would have to adjust them constantly ( threaded holes were actually worn down ... previous owner let it set out in the car-port and moisture got to it , corroded the carb body
Finally .. I decided to buy a cheap chinese carb from amazon.. NO SCREWS !! $15.00 w/S&H
1st pull... fired right up ... "Knocked my socks off " even came with the gasket !! I fired it up every day
no more than 2 pulls.. wound-up selling since I had finished my yardwork and no longer needed it.
I still cant believe I was going to shell out $75.00 for a new carb ( no screws either) ...before deciding
to see if a "cheapie carb " would work . ..:cool2:

Lockheed

Threads
Thanks for the reply. I have had good luck with Chinese carbs. I just put one on my tiller. Maybe I will try a stock one.