ride on mower help

Markallsopp

Threads
I have just purchased this mower as a non runner it has a gv400 vertical Honda engine in and has a week spark turns over but does not fire I am trying to find a wiring diagram and also identify this mower any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 14

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are going to have to supply us with the model number of the rider, to help finding a diagram. Also pics of the engine and area under the dash would help.

Markallsopp

Threads
You are going to have to supply us with the model number of the rider, to help finding a diagram. Also pics of the engine and area under the dash would help.
I believe now it is a Westfield laser mower

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but I can't find any information on Westfield mowers or tractors. I can't help you much will the info you are providing. We will need some number off the unit itself. If you have no numbers, the only other way to figure out what you have, is to contact Honda with all Honda numbers and they may be able to check their records to see where that engine was used. If you do this, make sure you provide them with all Honda numbers, not just GV400, or they will not be able to help.

Markallsopp

Threads
Hi Apparently it is a westwood t12oo so would anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram please

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mower wiring 101
Power usually goes from the hot side of the starter solenoid .
1) through a fuse
2) the the B ( = battery) terminal on the ignition switch ( tiny numbers under the switch )
3) to S (= Start) terminal on the switch
4) the the PTO switch or PTO safety switch on manual PTO's
5) to the brake safety switch
6) to the trigger wire on the solenoid.
This is a daisy chain so a break anywhere = no cranking
If the solenoid has only 1 small wire then the ground is via the case which will benefit from a clean where it contacts the body of the mower to get a good contact.

The ignition control can either be on the key switch
M + G = off
or on the throttle plate.
follow the thin wire from the coil
This is a ground wire.
Ground = off
Open circuit = on
Voltage on this wire = toasted ignition module $$$$$$