Grasshopper 618, Electric Clutch Failure

cmiddleton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Electric clutch disengaged while mowing (after half an hour or so) and would not re-engage after cooling down. I don't know if it's related to the failure but I had been noticing a second or two lag between the time of pulling the button and its kicking in. Any suggestions on where to start trouble-shooting are welcome.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Grasshopper section.
Maybe someone over there can figure it out.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
It could be a wire or switch or fuse. Start by pulling the wire off the clutch. Unless you've bipassed the seat switch you will need help here. Using a test light with key on motor off engage the clutch. Use test light and check the plug to insure your getting 12volts to the hot side. Then check the ground side see if you have a ground.If it checks out you need a clutch if not dig deeper

173abn

Threads
how old is your mower?I had the same thing happen to my clutch. after checking all the little things first I finally pulled the clutch off and it basically "fell apart".bought a new one.it wasn't a bad install ,just takes a little time to take off various components and put them back on.I had a problem getting the clutch stub shaft off because it had never been off before so I called GH service for tech support and they called me and instructed me how to do it....russ