XF2500 Bagger / Grass Catcher

Wraypau

Forum Newbie
Threads
To Dixie chopper Owners,

I have owned a XF2500 60" Deck since 2001. I absolutely love the mower, however there has always been one catch to it, I couldn't get a bagging system. I have searched the internet for years, went through every grass catcher manufactory, made phone calls to dealers of Dixie chopper and Grass Catchers, all to come up empty handed. That was, until now. I want to preface this post with, I am a Dixie chopper owner, and have no other affiliation with Dixie chopper and/or the grass catchers manufactures.

I made a call to Chris at Grass Catcher Warehouse ( www.grasscatcherwarehouse.com), and he said he would build me a grass catcher for my Dixie Chopper XF2500. I sent him some pictures of the deck, along with important dimensions. He custom built me a Grass Catcher, and sent it to me, for around $230. I consider this a super value, and told him, since he went out of the way for me, that I would go out of the way for him, and make a few reviews on some forums, so here it is.

I received my grass catcher, unboxed it with everything needed to install. It came with the grass catcher bin, a lid with locking mechanism, a mounting bracket, and 2 bolts. I aligned it on my deck, punched 2 drill holes. Drilled the holes, and placed bolts and tightened them down. Install took me less than 10 minutes. I used the catcher yesterday, and it worked great. I would just cut in my rows, until I started to see a grass pile in a line coming from where the catcher and deck meet. I would then go to my dump area, and clean out bin, then resume mowing and bagging.

I had not cut my grass all year, because I wanted to get a bagger to catch the poa annua seeds. needless to say, my St Augustine was over 10 inches in places. The bagger didn't clog up, until it was full every time. The bagger full of grass, was probably 60 lbs when full. I made several dumps of cut grass, filled up 3x 55 gallon drums. My yard looks great, and I don't have all that excess grass as thatch build up not.

I was very impressed with how well the catcher works. It is made of steel, so it is a little heavy, but my Dixie Chopper held it up fine, so no worries about that.

I am just so excited that one of the best lawn mowers made, now has a company that will make a grass catcher for them.

I will try and add pictures later, but in the mean time, if you own a DC and like me, have been searching for a grass catcher years, the search is over. Give Chris a call at Grass Catcher Warehouse. His number is (631) 513-8387
mGF4sjtdetNSz8kU3ok5s8g.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
To Dixie chopper Owners,

I have owned a XF2500 60" Deck since 2001. I absolutely love the mower, however there has always been one catch to it, I couldn't get a bagging system. I have searched the internet for years, went through every grass catcher manufactory, made phone calls to dealers of Dixie chopper and Grass Catchers, all to come up empty handed. That was, until now. I want to preface this post with, I am a Dixie chopper owner, and have no other affiliation with Dixie chopper and/or the grass catchers manufactures.

I made a call to Chris at Grass Catcher Warehouse ( www.grasscatcherwarehouse.com), and he said he would build me a grass catcher for my Dixie Chopper XF2500. I sent him some pictures of the deck, along with important dimensions. He custom built me a Grass Catcher, and sent it to me, for around $230. I consider this a super value, and told him, since he went out of the way for me, that I would go out of the way for him, and make a few reviews on some forums, so here it is.

I received my grass catcher, unboxed it with everything needed to install. It came with the grass catcher bin, a lid with locking mechanism, a mounting bracket, and 2 bolts. I aligned it on my deck, punched 2 drill holes. Drilled the holes, and placed bolts and tightened them down. Install took me less than 10 minutes. I used the catcher yesterday, and it worked great. I would just cut in my rows, until I started to see a grass pile in a line coming from where the catcher and deck meet. I would then go to my dump area, and clean out bin, then resume mowing and bagging.

I had not cut my grass all year, because I wanted to get a bagger to catch the poa annua seeds. needless to say, my St Augustine was over 10 inches in places. The bagger didn't clog up, until it was full every time. The bagger full of grass, was probably 60 lbs when full. I made several dumps of cut grass, filled up 3x 55 gallon drums. My yard looks great, and I don't have all that excess grass as thatch build up not.

I was very impressed with how well the catcher works. It is made of steel, so it is a little heavy, but my Dixie Chopper held it up fine, so no worries about that.

I am just so excited that one of the best lawn mowers made, now has a company that will make a grass catcher for them.

I will try and add pictures later, but in the mean time, if you own a DC and like me, have been searching for a grass catcher years, the search is over. Give Chris a call at Grass Catcher Warehouse. His number is (631) 513-8387
mGF4sjtdetNSz8kU3ok5s8g.jpg

They have been making those for years. It is nothing new and nothing fantastic. They basically work on any fab deck. Not special made for Dixie Choppers. Do a simple search for universal grass baggers and you will find these everywhere.