Steering Arm out of alignment

As You Wish

Forum Newbie
Threads
The right steering arm on my 2003 Fastrak 42" does not align with the parking brake detent when it is in neutral. When I am mowing, one arm is more forward than the other. In other words, when I am going straight forward, the arms are not aligned. What do I need to look at adjusting or replacing to get it back in proper alignment?

Datadave

Threads
I'm glad you asked this, My left steering arm is aligned too far back.
I have to pull it into my chest for it to engage reverse. The right side is perfect.

As You Wish

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm glad you asked this, My left steering arm is aligned too far back.
I have to pull it into my chest for it to engage reverse. The right side is perfect.

I think I found my issue. If you lift the seat, you will see an adjustable arm along each side linking the steering arms to the steering mechanism in the back of the machine. I measured the length of each and they are not the same. I have not had a chance to make the adjustments yet but I'm pretty sure that's the problem. How they got out of adjustment is beyond me, but...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think I found my issue. If you lift the seat, you will see an adjustable arm along each side linking the steering arms to the steering mechanism in the back of the machine. I measured the length of each and they are not the same. I have not had a chance to make the adjustments yet but I'm pretty sure that's the problem. How they got out of adjustment is beyond me, but...

Wear.
lack of lubrication because no one ever oils them as per instructions in the owners manual.
I use dry lithium spray grease, you might like to invest in a can.
Everything that moves against some thing else gets a squirt.

As You Wish

Forum Newbie
Threads
It appears wear is the culprit. I was able to lengthen the control arm under the seat back to the length needed. However, the wear issue was in another control arm behind the rear wheels. Remove the tire and you can see it clearly. When I check it, it was locked up. I oiled it and it still does not move freely. I need to replace it.