Car hauling

mowerman05

Threads
Thinking of hauling a car from Michigan to Texas for a family member, any additional insurance or paperwork needed to haul across state lines if the car is not titled in my name? Any other info I might need.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thinking of hauling a car from Michigan to Texas for a family member, any additional insurance or paperwork needed to haul across state lines if the car is not titled in my name? Any other info I might need.

I pulled a small pickup from coast to coast on the back of my motorhome without any problems. If its not driven on the road and only pulled I can't see why you would need anything. Accidents can happen so have the owner should insure the car.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Call your insurance company. I have found a few things they will not cover I thought they would.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Call your insurance company. I have found a few things they will not cover I thought they would.

Bingo. Towing liability. Just because its attached to your truck doesn't automatically make it covered. Its up to your insurance company some do most don't. Make a call cover your a#$ . ;)

mowerman05

Threads
Thanks for all the replies, looks like they will be flying here and driving it back themselves.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of the insurance quirks here in IL. The trailer is insured under the vehicle insurance as long as it is connected to the tow vehicle. If for some reason it become disconnected from the tow vehicle, it is not longer insured, and then requires it own liability insurance to cover any damage that may result.