Mower deck 1960 - 1965 cub cadet 124 w/k301a engine and 48" international mower deck

jte

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 1960 - 1965 cub cadet 124 w/k301a engine and 48" international mower deck
I previously asked about a spindle for this mower deck and I checked the reply for Cub Cadet. However, this site requires a Cub Cadet part number and I only have the multiple IH part numbers and cannot find a cross over numbers to the Cub Cadet numbers. This mower deck has three spindles and blades. Two spindles with a small pulley on top (one on each side) and a double spindle in the middle. The deck is driven by a front belt connection instead of connecting to the back due to the motor is up front like a tractor. Somehow the insides of the spindle was pulled out and only the pulley, 3-hole triangle connector and the round cylinder are there. I am trying to restore the deck as the tractor section is really great and runs like a top. If anyone knows the part number for a complete spindle, please let me know. If someone knows a deck for parts, I would be interested in this as well. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / 1960 - 1965 cub cadet 124 w/k301a engine and 48" international mower deck
Descriptions are good but the magic word is PHOTOS.
Pull the deck out and take some pictures of the entire deck and some close ups of the spindle housings and spindle ends, both the pulley end & the blade end.
With luck some one will be able to identify it .
Measure the distance between the bolt holes and heights from the deck to the pulley and the underneath from the deck to the blades.
These are what we need to find a replacement where original parts are no longer available.
Cub discontinued deck parts for the 2000 series two years ago and that was the first one after they took over from IH so good chance yours were discontinued long ago but current ones may be able to fit.