Husqvarna wont move.....much

Dertide88

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2013 husqvarna yth24k48. It's never given me any problems until this mowing season. Last week I mowed and out of nowhere the mower just stopped moving. I let it set for a few came back out and it ran fine. Well I jumped on it today and made a couple passes and same thing only this time I can't get it to do anything. I've looked it over and pulled the deck off to get a better view at everything. The only thing I've found is that the two green wires for the electric clutch were wrapped around the main pulley from the motor and had been cut. I spliced them back together but the mower still won't do anything. When I hit the gas, it will barely roll for about 10 ft and stops. Any ideas??

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think your two issues are related. There is suppose to be a pin to prevent the electric clutch from spinning. Has that pin came out, worn through, broken, or has the bolt that connected it to the crankshaft came loose, the clutch dropped down and spun to collect the wires, and that same action has allowed the drive pulley for the transmission belt to shear the key and is now spinning on the crankshaft.

Dertide88

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm going to go check it out right now. Any idea where that pin would be located?

Dertide88

Forum Newbie
Threads
So that rod had indeed slipped out. I've place it back in the slot but still nothing...

Attachments

• 20170430_145810.jpg
    20170430_145810.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 63

Dertide88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also, I put a new drive belt on today.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
From your picture I am assuming that the parking brake is locked down allowing the drive belt to be loose. if Not then you have a tension problem with the belt, and possibly a broken tension spring. If the belt is tight with the pedal up, There is a possible issue with the pulley on the transmission that may have stripped out and is not turning the shaft.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the deck off , jack up the rear end, put it on axel stands then get some one to start the mower , go underneath and watch what is happening.
Be careful where you put your fingers.
Engine off , brake off the drive belt should be tight enough to turn the engine over ( just ) by moving the belt.
Engine running the belt should be turning the drive pulley.
AS previously mentioned, the drive pulley is only powered by a thin key ( pressed into the pulley ) in the keyway in the crankshaft.
If it has been loose on the shaft it can get worn just enough to turn no load but slip when under load.
The blade pulley may have a discreet key so the blade will spin but the wheels won't get drive.

Also check the position of the free wheel valve as these can get moved by crud flying around under the mower so it could be as simple as the mowers box being turned off.
Occasionally people will dissengage the drive to push the mower but forget to re-engage when they go to mow,

Ava47

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2013 husqvarna yth24k48. It's never given me any problems until this mowing season. Last week I mowed and out of nowhere the mower just stopped moving. I let it set for a few came back out and it ran fine. Well I jumped on it today and made a couple passes and same thing only this time I can't get it to do anything. I've looked it over and pulled the deck off to get a better view at everything. The only thing I've found is that the two green wires for the electric clutch were wrapped around the main pulley from the motor and had been cut. I spliced them back together but the mower still won't do anything. When I hit the gas, it will barely roll for about 10 ft and stops. Any ideas??

I have two 48" husqvarna tractors and they both have had the same problem. There is a spring for the brake pedal that according to my repair shop is a terrible design flaw. Try pulling the brake pedal back toward you with your left foot and pushing on the fwd/rev pedal with your right foot. See if it moves then. If it does, this 'spring' might be the problem. Less than $20 part but shop said I needed a belt too so the repair cost me $250. My second mower just now started up with the spring problem. I'm checking to see if this is something I can fix myself.

Ava