Suggestion Box: How can we make this site better?

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Suggestion Box: How can we make this site better?
get rid of the wait "60 seconds" between posts. I for one can type a hell of alot faster than most, and I don't like having to wait 60 seconds before I can report the next spammer....and these spammers are coming in here between 2am and 5am new york time

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not a good idea Doc as it makes it easier for spammers to post the same spam in all the sub forums and thus we will end up with each one posting 15 messages rather than 2 or 3.
OTOH if the spam was flagged to not display after the first person reported it then it would vanish a lot quicker so 25 different members would not be reporting the same spam because we would each be removing it from sight the first time one of us sees it.

cashman

Threads
Wish we had a section dedicated to antique mowers where members could post pictures of their vintage mowers and old advertisments etc. Name that old mower was fun also. (can't remember if it was on this site or another?)

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
We don't make big changes quickly, but will definitely be considering all of the suggestions for feature upgrades. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked. :thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
We don't make big changes quickly, but will definitely be considering all of the suggestions for feature upgrades. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked. :thumbsup:

YOU are THEEEE MAN !!! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
YOU are THEEEE MAN !!! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

On the subject of spam.
If you don't want to allow members to flag them and have them vanish from general view it might be easier to flag the title and say change the colour of the header or type.
I just logged on to find 3 real posts and 6 spam posts so waiting the minute between each is a PIA and for all I know others may already reported it.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not a good idea Doc as it makes it easier for spammers to post the same spam in all the sub forums and thus we will end up with each one posting 15 messages rather than 2 or 3.
OTOH if the spam was flagged to not display after the first person reported it then it would vanish a lot quicker so 25 different members would not be reporting the same spam because we would each be removing it from sight the first time one of us sees it.
I am talking about the time in between reporting spam, not the time in between posting on threads. It sometimes takes me 25 minutes to report all the spam posts that occur during the wee hours of the evening.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
On the subject of spam.
If you don't want to allow members to flag them and have them vanish from general view it might be easier to flag the title and say change the colour of the header or type.
I just logged on to find 3 real posts and 6 spam posts so waiting the minute between each is a PIA and for all I know others may already reported it.
bingo bango, thats what I am talking about

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
the "new posts" button is a drag as well, why the heck do we need to choose between 24 hours and last visit.......just take me where the posts are, I can mark "all forums read" if I choose after that. Too many wasted steps.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good things come to those that wait??? I've been waiting for two years to get the problem of emails when a thread has been replied to can be resolved. They returned for a short time last spring, when the site had a problem, but only lasted about two weeks and were hit/miss.