Grease fittings

NoviceJM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where will I find a grease (zerk) fitting? Is there a way to locate all of them?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Where will I find a grease (zerk) fitting? Is there a way to locate all of them?

Zerks are USUALLY found on movable ( steering ) or rotating parts ( axles,wheels, shafts ) (concerning mowers)
your owners manual usually provides a location diagram in the routine maintenance section. Most service & repair manuals may also mention them.

NoviceJM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Zerks are USUALLY found on movable ( steering ) or rotating parts ( axles,wheels, shafts ) (concerning mowers)
your owners manual usually provides a location diagram in the routine maintenance section. Most service & repair manuals may also mention them.

Thank you for your quick response. Do you know the size of the fitting? I looked at Amazon for new zerk fittings and found different sizes. I do not plan on replacing many so would only be looking for a few and would like the size for the mower. Your help is appreciated.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you for your quick response. Do you know the size of the fitting? I looked at Amazon for new zerk fittings and found different sizes. I do not plan on replacing many so would only be looking for a few and would like the size for the mower. Your help is appreciated.

Sorry, THAT... I don't know .. what I can tell you is... make sure of the CORRECT size ....METRIC or SAE threads
the only way I have found the size of mine is by actually removing it and checking it with a thread gauge .
be VERY careful removing or installing... it's a NIGHTMARE trying to remove a broken off fitting or repair one that is CROSS-THREADED ... access is usually limited..!!

NoviceJM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, THAT... I don't know .. what I can tell you is... make sure of the CORRECT size ....METRIC or SAE threads
the only way I have found the size of mine is by actually removing it and checking it with a thread gauge .
be VERY careful removing or installing... it's a NIGHTMARE trying to remove a broken off fitting or repair one that is CROSS-THREADED ... access is usually limited..!!

Thanks again and that should be all the questions I have for now. I thoroughly understand what you wrote about removing the fitting. I did that on one wheel and it was a nightmare fitting it back in. I was very careful not to force anything. Thanks again and have a great day.