JD D110 gas tank

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Found that my gas tank is loose and floating around under the seat. Haven't had a chance to look into the problem yet but was wondering what is suppose to hold the gas tank in position??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Found that my gas tank is loose and floating around under the seat. Haven't had a chance to look into the problem yet but was wondering what is suppose to hold the gas tank in position??

If it has a window in the fender to see the fuel level it is held in place with a couple of clips and they rarely give problems.
If it has the needle to indicate the fuel level then there are 2 plastic pieces to hold the tank and they break all the time.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fuel indicator is between my legs below the front of the seat. Looks like the gas tank is on pivots and moves the indicator up or down depending on the fuel amount.

Mikel1

Threads
There are two springs, one on each side above the tires. They attach to the fuel tank, make sure they are in the slots at the back plate.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes the dreaded suspended fuel tank, not one of JD's best ideas.
Pouds to peanuts you will find the right side retaining clip broken.
I gave up on them a long while ago and now fit a modified water pipe P clamp

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Springs still hooked up, nothing broke, everything looks ok, I just never noticed how much it moves, maybe because I have never let the gas tank get so empty before.