Bagger Compatibility

jbwilson1120

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and recently bought a 28" Snapper RER. I'm looking for a bagger and would like to avoid paying $300-400 for one. My question is, how compatible are other brands' bagger systems with Snapper. I'm not opposed to a little modification to the bagger. Just wondering if others have managed to make other systems work on a Snapper.

Here's what the back end of mine looks like:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks!

jbwilson1120

Forum Newbie
Threads
I should add that I've searched Craigslist in my area and it looks like some brands are somewhat universal. Also, did Sears sell Snapper RER mowers under the Craftsman brand?

Mow Joe

Threads
That appears to be a 28". You will need a bagger for a 28 or 33, nothing else will work.

slk230red

Threads
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and recently bought a 28" Snapper RER. I'm looking for a bagger and would like to avoid paying $300-400 for one. My question is, how compatible are other brands' bagger systems with Snapper. I'm not opposed to a little modification to the bagger. Just wondering if others have managed to make other systems work on a Snapper.

Thanks!

I should add that I've searched Craigslist in my area and it looks like some brands are somewhat universal. Also, did Sears sell Snapper RER mowers under the Craftsman brand?

I have a twin bagger on my 30 inch Murray RER. My father in law had a 28 or 33 inch Snapper RER in the late 80's and wanted to put a twin bagger like mine on his Snapper. He purchased the Murray twin bagger and mounted it on his Snapper with little modifications. It worked perfectly. I can't remember if he purchased a Snapper chute, or adapted the Murray chute to his Snapper deck. The advantage of the twin bagger is that you can put 33 gal. trash bags in the twin bags and pull them out when they are full.

jbwilson1120

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a twin bagger on my 30 inch Murray RER. My father in law had a 28 or 33 inch Snapper RER in the late 80's and wanted to put a twin bagger like mine on his Snapper. He purchased the Murray twin bagger and mounted it on his Snapper with little modifications. It worked perfectly. I can't remember if he purchased a Snapper chute, or adapted the Murray chute to his Snapper deck. The advantage of the twin bagger is that you can put 33 gal. trash bags in the twin bags and pull them out when they are full.

Thanks, I would imagine that most are somewhat universal with minor alterations around the deck attachment and possibly the chute. Definitely opens more options on Craigslist. Thanks!

slk230red

Threads
Thanks, I would imagine that most are somewhat universal with minor alterations around the deck attachment and possibly the chute. Definitely opens more options on Craigslist. Thanks!

Here is a picture of the support for the Murray rear twin bagger. I removed it and temporarily showed it on my new Snapper RER to give you an idea of how it would mount with just drilling 4 holes. You would need to mount it more to the right side so the tube will line up with the chute.

Bag attachment-2.jpgBag attachment.jpg