Stihl FS 55 Weedtrimmer wount start

gjerdeanders

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! This is my first post, and I feel pretty desperate.

I have just recently changed the coil and the carb, they are both brand new. The coil is mounted in place, with the correct distance from the magnets.

After this repair, I got a spark out of it. But it still wount start. When I pull, I occasionaly get the random cough out of the exhaust, or a small bang. So it is misfireing. But I cant see how I can adjust this, and quite frankly I have run out of idêas.

Things I have tried;

Changed sparkplug ( 3 diffrent types )
Checked the muffler for crabonbuildup
Checked the cables for the igniton

I hope there are some clever minds here who could give me some good tips on how to proceed. I have uploaded photos of the exact carb and coil I have used.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my English. I hope I could make myself understood :)s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

RDA.Lawns

Threads
How much did new carb and coil cost? I would have replaced the entire trimmer for 350$ US . If there is no adjustment on the coil other than gap. It maybe low on compression. Also the carb may need to be adjusted.

gjerdeanders

Forum Newbie
Threads
How much did new carb and coil cost? I would have replaced the entire trimmer for 350$ US . If there is no adjustment on the coil other than gap. It maybe low on compression. Also the carb may need to be adjusted.

Thanks for answering.

The coil and new carb didnt set me back more the around 15 usd in total, so its not expensive.

No the coil does not have any other adjustment option other then the gap. I suspect it is an adjustment on the carb, but I have not managed to find a guide for it. And it is pretty diffucult since it doesnt start, so everything I do is a shot in the dark

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Screw both adjustment screws all the way in. Then back them both out a turn n 1/4 this will give you a starting point. It should attempt to run at this point. From there you can do the adjustments to get it running.

primerbulb120

Threads
Close the mixture screws all the way, take the air filter off. Open the choke, hold down the throttle and give it about 10 pulls. Then tip it on it's side, put about 1/4 mL of gas (or a quick shot of starting fluid) down carb throat and crank it some more with the throttle and choke all the way open. If it starts briefly, carb adjustments are the issue. If not, you have another problem to find and fix.