What's the nuclear option for a leaking needle valve

wv109323

Threads
I have written a few posts on my Hoinda GVC 160A problems. The carb needle valve will not shut the fuel off from the bowl . Last fall after many years of service the carb was leaking and the parts were equal to a new carb. I get gas flowing out the main jet of the carb. I first replaced the carb with a brand new OEM Honda. Then I ordered the suggested float that has a means to adjust the float level. I lowered the float level slightly hoping that would apply a little more pressure on the needle valve to seal closed.
With all this I still have a needle valve that will not seal the gas flow into the carb bowl.
Does anyone know of a solution? Is there a needle valve with a larger rubber tip or longer? Has anyone polished the carb body where the needle valve seats? Could the tank be pressurizing to cause the float not to seat?
I have a ME degree and worked on cars all my life but............
I am about ready to push this thing in a fire.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure you didn't get one the the about 5 gaskets flipped over backwards. If the bowl air vent gets blocked off, it will cause a siphoning effect through the carb.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just in case ILEngine's suggestion doesn't cure your ill's ... PM our member ( robert@honda ) on this site enter him in the MEMBERS search box...Boobala

wv109323

Threads
  • / What's the nuclear option for a leaking needle valve
Thanks ILENGINE. That was it. I somehow got one of the gaskets backwards and had the vent blocked. As you know there are several gaskets and during assembly it is difficult to keep everything aligned to get the mounting bolts in.