How to get a gas tank off an old Tecumseh 6 HP motor

oldpops

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All! I am new here and i hope someone here can help me with some questions I have on an old Sears Shredder / Bagger that appears to have an old Model #V60-70252H TECUMSEH Engine mounted on it. I want to get this old unit back working again and I know that since it has been sitting quite a while I should clean out the gas tank and the carburetor as well as change out the spark plug. Because the unit is so old I can't find much documentation on it but I did come across the diagram for the Model #V60-70252H TECUMSEH Engine, which appears to be the engine I have. I have been looking at both the diagram and the engine itself and I can't see how the tank is mounted or figure out how to get the tank off. Since the unit is so old I am also wondering if it would be smarter to just replace the carburetor, and if so, does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Or even a rebuild kit? I would also like to replace the spark plug but there isn't any marking on the existing one (that I can see) to know what to replace it with. Anyone have any ideas?Sears 6 hp Shredder Bagger.jpgShredder model number.jpgShredder motor info.jpghttps://az417944.vo.msecnd.net/diagrams/manufacturer/tecumseh/4-cycle-vertical/v60/v60-70257h/engine-parts-list-1/diagram.gif

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most of the Tecumseh fuel tanks sit slots in the blower housing. Tilt outward on the top of the tank and pull upward.