Cub Cadet LT1024 issue with Electric clutch pto

bbm1019

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet LT1024 and the first time this season I mowed, everything was fine. The second i noticed a noise in the front, but was unable to pinpoint it. The third time the noise was noticeably louder. I found that it is the electric clutch PTO slamming against and vibrating against the clutch bracket. The PTO works and the blades engage with no problem. This also seems to be affecting the plate on the bottom of the mower that is attached to the steering linkage. I have attempted to tighten these and the will not tighten anymore. I have noticed on other tractor that there is a bolt or additional bracket that keeps the PTO from moving, but i do not see anything like this on the parts diagram. It does this whether the deck is attached or whether the PTO is engaged or not. Definitely appears to be getting worse. When the mower is off i can freely swing the PTO from side to side hitting each side of the current bracket. Am I missing a bracket or is this PTO going bad? thanks, Beau

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The PTO is supposed to fit on that bracket not rotate from one side to the other. I will see if I can find a picture somewhere you can use a reference.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Clutch anti-rotation bracket.jpg

bbm1019

Forum Newbie
Threads
that one looks very different then the one I have. i have a triangular looking pto and a "U" shaped flat metal bracket. If you look on parts tree.com for the lt 1024 you can see what Im talking about. Doesn't look like theres anything to attach to hold it in place.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know that your is different. It is a picture of the slot and holder. You have 3 tabs all with a hole in them. One of the tabs and holes will fit to the bracket that it is hitting and rattling on.

bbm1019

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok I will have to check it out. Thanks