No throttle response

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yea i can when i get home from work. It looks like the normal set up i would assume with a manual choke briggs and stratton if that means anything? Do you know what spring im talking about that is wrapped around the governor/ throttle linkage that connects to the governor arm and top of the throttle on carb? Sorry for all the questions i've been stumped on why i can only adjust the throttle with the engine choked or going up a hill but can rev it while parked. I've been googling for a week and order that linkage spring that i gave the part number for but i dont even know what it does. lol

We'll get it working ... in the meantime your BOSS called me and said to tell you he's not paying you to fix YOUR mower ....... GET TO WORK !!! ..... ( LOL )

freshcut92

Threads
Well I tried messing with it but had to leave and phone was dead so I didn't get a picture. Does anyone know what the spring is for that goes around the throttle/ governor linkage.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yea i can when i get home from work. It looks like the normal set up i would assume with a manual choke briggs and stratton if that means anything? Do you know what spring im talking about that is wrapped around the governor/ throttle linkage that connects to the governor arm and top of the throttle on carb? Sorry for all the questions i've been stumped on why i can only adjust the throttle with the engine choked or going up a hill but can rev it while parked. I've been googling for a week and order that linkage spring that i gave the part number for but i dont even know what it does. lol

I'm beginning to think we are discussing different carburetors...do you know which model carb you have ..??
also.. what year and model ranch king mower do you have ( lookiing for your operators manual)

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I tried messing with it but had to leave and phone was dead so I didn't get a picture. Does anyone know what the spring is for that goes around the throttle/ governor linkage.

If you are talking about the skinny spring that is wrapped around the linkage wire that goes between the governor arm and the throttle on the carb, it is a throttle stabilizer spring. It takes the slack out of the connection point for more steady throttle control.

freshcut92

Threads
Im not sure the year of the mower im guessing 98. Its a walbro carb. And yes that is the spring i'm talking about. So that isn't whats causing me to not be able to control throttle speed. I can only adjust it with the choke pulled some or while going up a hill. I've looked at my friends and im only missing that spring. Is it even possible to rev the engine while idling? We are talking about the spring labeled 232?

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...9/313777-0163-e1/alternator-controls-ignition

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Im not sure the year of the mower im guessing 98. Its a walbro carb. And yes that is the spring i'm talking about. So that isn't whats causing me to not be able to control throttle speed. I can only adjust it with the choke pulled some or while going up a hill. I've looked at my friends and im only missing that spring. Is it even possible to rev the engine while idling? We are talking about the spring labeled 232?

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...9/313777-0163-e1/alternator-controls-ignition

Without seeing a pic of your set-up it's VERY difficult to understand what you are working with ..you should have a single dash mounted lever to control the choke ..( FULL FORWARD ) and the throttle ( turtle to rabbit ) if you are missing the long skinny spring which is wrapped around the long linkage rod you need to replace it AGAIN go over the pics I sent ENLARGE the pics with your computer zoom feature if need be...don't you have a digital camera ... or a friend with a camera ... or a phone with a camera ???

......232.JPG ... 232 is the spring we are talking about ...the spring slides over linkage rod # 202 when you remove the rod off the carb. ..you have to remove the carb linkage in order to install the spring onto the rod. I dont understand
how you are moving the linkage ...with the dash lever ...??? or by hand..???

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Part 209 is the spring that connects to the governor arm, and the throttle control.. The spring is somewhat hidden behind the control plate. Without that spring connected your won't have throttle control, just idle.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Part 209 is the spring that connects to the governor arm, and the throttle control.. The spring is somewhat hidden behind the control plate. Without that spring connected your won't have throttle control, just idle.

Here are some pics of the spring ( #209 ) ILEngine is referring to...is this what you are trying to describe ..???

DSCN2502 (Medium).jpg...DSCN2501 (Medium).jpg...DSCN2503 (Medium).jpg

freshcut92

Threads
Do you guys know what would be stopping me from being able to log on her with my phone? I log in and it says thanks but then after the page redirects it acts as if i hadn't logged in. I will post a pic when i get home and can use my laptop if i cant get my phone to log in. But we are talking about the same spring 232 boobala. I am replacing it. I just wanted to know if the function of that spring and if thats why i have no throttle control. And no I have a seperate lever for throttle and choke cause i have a manual choke. The spring the ilengine pointed out i have. Please bare with me and ill get pictures. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

freshcut92

Threads
Do you guys know what would be stopping me from being able to log on her with my phone? I log in and it says thanks but then after the page redirects it acts as if i hadn't logged in. I will post a pic when i get home and can use my laptop if i cant get my phone to log in. But we are talking about the same spring 232 boobala. I am replacing it. I just wanted to know if the function of that spring and if thats why i have no throttle control. And no I have a seperate lever for throttle and choke cause i have a manual choke. The spring the ilengine pointed out i have. Please bare with me and ill get pictures. Thanks and sorry for the confusion. Finally found the app and uploaded the pics. If you look at the second pic you see a thin wire thats my spring 232 that broke. So thats what im wondering if that is why i have no throttle control unless my choke is pulled partially. Basically im irritated that if i wanted to rev my mower while idling just for the heck of it right now i cant.

ForumRunner_20170427_104714.png

ForumRunner_20170427_104727.png

ForumRunner_20170427_104735.png