No throttle response

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

freshcut92

Threads
its connected cause it moves when i adjust the throttle lever and like the guy say in the video it'll feel "springy" when throttle is engaged. But idk if its in the right spot from memory it looks like the pics you shared when i move the throttle lever. I will check that when i get home to see if its in the right spot. But if it is wrong. Why would i be able to rev the motor when its partially choked or when going up a hill but not while in neutral and blade stopped at idle? Oh and i've watched those videos thats how i found out i was missing that one spring but i'm guessing that spring wont fix my problem.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
its connected cause it moves when i adjust the throttle lever and like the guy say in the video it'll feel "springy" when throttle is engaged. But idk if its in the right spot from memory it looks like the pics you shared when i move the throttle lever. I will check that when i get home to see if its in the right spot. But if it is wrong. Why would i be able to rev the motor when its partially choked or when going up a hill but not while in neutral and blade stopped at idle? Oh and i've watched those videos thats how i found out i was missing that one spring but i'm guessing that spring wont fix my problem.

Been studying your pics ........ A. it appears you have 2 linkages on your choke lever ...you only need 1 ..either the cable with the lever or the "choke a matic" rod .
with the choke a matic rod on there when you push the THROTTLE lever FULL FORWARD it should close the choke ..the choke is used ONLY to help START the engine .. !!

B. I see the throttle rod spring is hanging in the breeze and someone bent the end of the rod out of shape.. as I stated earlier ... you need to check spring #209 for proper installation .
I 'm guessing you have 2 levers on the dash ...1 for choke and 1 for throttle... is that right ?? If so remember that !! 1 is choke ( for starting only ) AND 1 is for
the throttle ( gas-feed) I suggest you read your owners guide for proper starting procedure ... you will need your mowers model # ( usually found on a sticker under the seat)
to get one if you lost yours..

And finally ..... as I stated before if you remove the air cleaner assy. it will much easier to work on it ... Boobala

freshcut92

Threads
Been studying your pics ........ A. it appears you have 2 linkages on your choke lever ...you only need 1 ..either the cable with the lever or the "choke a matic" rod .
with the choke a matic rod on there when you push the THROTTLE lever FULL FORWARD it should close the choke ..the choke is used ONLY to help START the engine .. !!

B. I see the throttle rod spring is hanging in the breeze and someone bent the end of the rod out of shape.. as I stated earlier ... you need to check spring #209 for proper installation .
I 'm guessing you have 2 levers on the dash ...1 for choke and 1 for throttle... is that right ?? If so remember that !! 1 is choke ( for starting only ) AND 1 is for
the throttle ( gas-feed) I suggest you read your owners guide for proper starting procedure ... you will need your mowers model # ( usually found on a sticker under the seat)
to get one if you lost yours..

And finally ..... as I stated before if you remove the air cleaner assy. it will much easier to work on it ... Boobala

Oh I'm sorry if I'm confusing I know how to start it and run the mower. I was just tinkering to see if the throttle lever would work. My only question is why can't I rev my mower? My throttle lever does nothing unless it's choked or going up hill at idle in neutral it does nothing.I have two levers. The air cleaner is removed now and I'm still confused on how the spring should be installed cause it looks right to me( I will post a pic when I'm home of the the throttle in full speed and turtle. So that throttle spring hanging is that what is not allowing me to control the engine speed?

Last edited:

freshcut92

Threads
Oh I'm sorry if I'm confusing I know how to start it and run the mower. I was just tinkering to see if the throttle lever would work. My only question is why can't I rev my mower? My throttle lever does nothing unless it's choked or going up hill at idle in neutral it does nothing.I have two levers. The air cleaner is removed now and I'm still confused on how the spring should be installed cause it looks right to me( I will post a pic when I'm home of the the throttle in full speed and turtle. So that throttle spring hanging is that what is not allowing me to control the engine speed?

ForumRunner_20170427_232906.png

ForumRunner_20170427_232915.png

ForumRunner_20170427_232926.png

ForumRunner_20170427_232934.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The spring is connected correctly. When the engine is running at what appears to be an idle, is the throttle butterfly in the straight all the way open full throttle position. if so remove the spark plug, and the valve cover and turn the engine over by hand and watch the valves open and close. Do they both open the same distance. I suspect that the intake, which is the bottom valve is barely opening, and not staying open very long, because the lobe on the camshaft has worn round.

freshcut92

Threads
Last year end of season i set the valve clearance and they both moved the same. I will have to look at the butterfly tomorrow but im pretty sure its not wide open because when i turn it by hand itll rev up. But my throttle lever doesnt make it rev. I guess i should ask is it possible to rev the motor in neutral park and no load from the blade?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wish it was easy to share a video of my problem

I cannot understand why this is not solved . If you watch and STUDY the very 1st and 3rd
youtube videos I sent it should be no problem ....

You have 2 levers on the dash ...CORRECT ...??

1 lever operates the choke lever (on the carb) ONLY !!!
choke butterfly inside carb ... should open & close with lever movement ... back & forth..

................DONE !!! if that's the way it's working ...DONE !!!

lever #2 ... throttle wire... moves the white slider on the linkage bracket assy.
..(as seen in video) which in turn (from governor arm) moves THROTTLE arm (lever on top of carb) back & forth
which is attached to another butterfly INSIDE of carb... movement of this arm/butterfly ...
increases or decreases the engine speed ( NOTHING TO DO WITH CHOKE AT ALL !!! )

IF the throttle cable is adjusted AND securely CLAMPED on linkage bracket as shown in the video AND in the Manual ...DONE !!! EVERYTHING should be working properly... moving the THROTTLE lever on the dash should be moving the THROTTLE butterfly inside the carb ..back & forth ..

VIDEO # 3 explains the linkage set-up in a VERY easy to understand way !! watch it SEVERAL times ..if need be ..!!

DO we have this UNDERSTOOD ??? ... AND ...ACCOMPLISHED ..????

Last edited:

freshcut92

Threads
Choke works fine. The throttle lever moves the white slider which moves the spring and thats where my problem starts because my governor arm doesnt move. It feels springy like the videos say but it doesnt move to open throttle position. I came here because theres something im missing and cant figure out.