No throttle response

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You mentioned you messed with the governor setting ........ maybe that's the problem ..because if you have the linkage and SPRINGS installed properly ..all should be working...Since I don't know what you did with your governor setting ... I suggest you watch this
youtube video ... THIS is TARYL ... HE is a comedian ...so put-up with the first few min. of his foolishness ... but HE ... is a VERY SMART
mechanic ... watch & learn ...

........... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFyGRixoGA

I'm hoping the INTERNAL governor linkage is NOT the problem ..watch and listen to THIS video very carefully ... Boobala

freshcut92

Threads
I have watched that video a few times actually. I didn't mess with the internal part but what he was doing around 5:30 is what i did. Maybe there is something wrong with it internally but i don't want to mess with it that much cause right now it runs fine, sometimes idles a little high but its my only mower and i don't wanna mess it up. But if the governor was messed up then it wouldn't bounce around when i choke the engine and play with the throttle lever would it? cause isn't the governor supposed to try and maintain an engine speed? Thanks for your guys help. I know your prolly tired of this guessing game and i guess since it mows my yard fine i may just leave it alone. I have tried your guys suggestions so i don't want you to think i'm just shooting everything down. Like i said i've been searching and tinkering everyday for a week or so before i came here to post hoping someone had a similar problem and found a fix.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have watched that video a few times actually. I didn't mess with the internal part but what he was doing around 5:30 is what i did. Maybe there is something wrong with it internally but i don't want to mess with it that much cause right now it runs fine, sometimes idles a little high but its my only mower and i don't wanna mess it up. But if the governor was messed up then it wouldn't bounce around when i choke the engine and play with the throttle lever would it? cause isn't the governor supposed to try and maintain an engine speed? Thanks for your guys help. I know your prolly tired of this guessing game and i guess since it mows my yard fine i may just leave it alone. I have tried your guys suggestions so i don't want you to think i'm just shooting everything down. Like i said i've been searching and tinkering everyday for a week or so before i came here to post hoping someone had a similar problem and found a fix.

Did you replace that long spring on the throttle rod..?? the one video (#2 I think) shows how to install it on the linkage arm ..of course the carb has to be removed for that ...

freshcut92

Threads
Part will be here today and i will replace it tonight.

Placed spring and still no throttle control. The throttle plate opens and closes just fine when mower is off but when its running it does nothing it's driving me crazy

Last edited:

freshcut92

Threads
Part will be here today and i will replace it tonight.

Placed spring and still no throttle control. The throttle plate opens and closes just fine when mower is off but when its running it does nothing it's driving me crazy

Full throttle and no throttle engine off lever works and everything moves like it's supposed to.

ForumRunner_20170428_170401.png

ForumRunner_20170428_170338.png

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Full throttle and no throttle engine off lever works and everything moves like it's supposed to.

View attachment 31832

View attachment 31831

Well everything looks good in your pics... so.... I am GUESSING !! the governor linkage is not exactly right ... or the lever
may be loose on the shaft ...OR the worst case scenario is something in the INTERNAL governor control section
took a "dump" ...I honestly can't figure this out without being there ... I will ask another member to help ...Boobala

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hang in there freshcut .... I called the CALVARY ... MIGHT get some more help soon... Boobala ..:thumbsup:

primerbulb120

Threads
The "cavalry" has arrived. :biggrin:

I think I see the problem, but I'll have to circle it in one of your pictures. And unfortunately, I'm on my Android tablet right now and I can't edit pictures. :rolleyes: I'll be back in the morning. :thumbsup:

freshcut92

Threads
Hang in there freshcut .... I called the CALVARY ... MIGHT get some more help soon... Boobala ..:thumbsup:

Yea I'm kind of fearing that it's something eternal. When I adjusted the governor I could feel the tap he talks about in the videos when turning left or right. And thanks I hope someone may have some more insight. I try googling how to troubleshoot a governor on my mower.

freshcut92

Threads
The "cavalry" has arrived. :biggrin:

I think I see the problem, but I'll have to circle it in one of your pictures. And unfortunately, I'm on my Android tablet right now and I can't edit pictures. :rolleyes: I'll be back in the morning. :thumbsup:

Really?! I sure hope so! If you need more angles of the assembly or close ups of something let me know and I'll get more pics.