No throttle response

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will do. I might need one more picture, we'll see.

Thats the GREAT thing about this site ... there's always more than 1 person willing to help ...
thanks for answering the call primer .... maybe we can get things rollin again... Boobala ...:confused2:

primerbulb120

Threads
Bend the tab I circled in this picture. Don't bend it too far, start with a little bit at first and then test it. Bend more in increments until the engine gets to 3000 RPM when the lever is at full throttle. Don't bend it past perpendicular with the governor arm.

ForumRunner_20170427_232926.png

NorthBama

Threads
sorry I am late too check in my horse came up lame on the charge. I think primer has arrived

Pumper54

Threads
Full throttle and no throttle engine off lever works and everything moves like it's supposed to.

View attachment 31832

View attachment 31831

One thing I would suggest is that you try to clean some of that stuff off the carb. You might have something physically preventing movement of the throttle linkage. Besides that much stuff on an open carb is an invite to sucking crap into the carb and then you have a whole nother issue. Hopefully you will get it fixed with the suggestion to bend the tab.
Tom

freshcut92

Threads
Thanks for the suggestions i will try bending the tab and cleaning the junk of the carb. I haven't got the chance since its been storming so i have took the time to finish are bathroom remodel. Once i take care of this i will get back on whether or not it works. Also i was wondering what does bending the tab do? More tension? Cause it is mind boggling to me that the throttle will open and close just find with the motor off but as soon as i start it up i cant freely change the engine speed.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions i will try bending the tab and cleaning the junk of the carb. I haven't got the chance since its been storming so i have took the time to finish are bathroom remodel. Once i take care of this i will get back on whether or not it works. Also i was wondering what does bending the tab do? More tension? Cause it is mind boggling to me that the throttle will open and close just find with the motor off but as soon as i start it up i cant freely change the engine speed.

Thats why I asked about the Governor settings.. the governor comes INTO EFFECT ONLY when the engine is running.. thats when the internal counterweights spin .....try the spring ... just maybe...!!

freshcut92

Threads
I tried the spring and i think its working now i may have to adjust it a little more but i no can turn the throttle up and down. Thanks for all your guys help i really appreciate it!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am wondering how the spring got out of adjustment to start with. That is something that usually never gets touched the life of the engine,

freshcut92

Threads
Yea i have no idea unless the person my grandpa bought the mowers from messed with it.