Hustler Raptor 42 vs. Gravely ztx 42 vs...

raldin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need to buy a mower for a residential acre (probably about a quarter of the acre is wooded with no grass) and I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about the different ZTRs. I don't want to overspend, but I also want something that is going to last. The 42" models seems like they are the right size for storage (bigger 2 car garage) as well as efficiency on less than an acre. The lot is not completely flat, so a little hilly but nothing dramatic. I also really don't want to spend more than $3000 and from what I have seen the Hustler Raptor 42 and the Gravely ZTX 42 both seem to fit the bill nicely. Between these 2, does it just come down to preference? Both have fabricated decks and Kohler 7000 engine with smart choke. The Gravely has a couple extra HP. The gravely also looks to have an upgraded seat. Other than that, they seem pretty similar. The Gravely is also $100 more expensive, but I am leaning toward the Gravely b/c the dealer is really close to me. Is there a third or 4th option I should consider in the $3000 or less price range? Or should I just choose one of these? Any advice would really be appreciated.