B & S Engine Mower Running Rough

Kennykenny

Threads
Time for another carb clean Are you taking the old seat out when you put a kit in it ??

Sorry but which part is considered the "seat?" When I replaced the carburetor this past spring, I replace the entire carburetor, it was one kit. Is the seat considered one of the
rubber gaskets?

Kennykenny

Threads
Sorry, didn't see this thread until now. By "wouldn't start again", you mean that it won't fire at all even if you give it starting fluid?

No worries Primer. The mower fired up for a couple of seconds after I sprayed gas, not starter fluid, in the carb as suggested. Then died and wouldn't restart.

Threads
Something is up with the carb take the bowl nut off and clean the holes in it and wipe the bowl out good.

Let us know ~!~!

Kennykenny

Threads
Something is up with the carb take the bowl nut off and clean the holes in it and wipe the bowl out good.

Let us know ~!~!
I took the carburetor apart and it seemed to be spotless since it was fairly new. I also cleared out the fuel line while I had it taken off the carburetor. It was clean too but cleaned it anyway. Put it all back together and the mower now starts. Not sure exactly what the problem seemed to be but I guess it was one of the things that I checked and cleaned. Thanks for the advice. I hope I don't have to check back with you guys again anytime soon on this mower.

Bill95

Forum Newbie
Threads
You checked the flywheel key Right?
You could do a leak down test to see if you have a leak in a seal or gasket.
Clean and gap your Valves?