2010 RZT 50 Zero Turn blades

dakotanut

Threads
Just got done replaceing the spindle bearings, pulleys, and blades on this deck. When installing the PTO belt back on do the blades need to be is some sort of direction or just any place will do? Thanks. I can't find any info anywhere about this.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any old place will be fine.
Check before you hook it up that the blades have about 1/8" clearence between each other.

dakotanut

Threads
So blades don't need to be oriented a certain way? I'm leaving trails when mowing. Like it's not cutting the grass in certain spots.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The higher you cut the greater the propencency to leave rooster tails ( mowhawks if you like ) in the grass.
The faster you mow has the same effect
Check that you have the blades on right way round
Check that the belt is routed properly and that the tension arm is free to move

dakotanut

Threads
Yes all of that is good. So I need to go slower? The grass I mow is high due to owner wants me to mow once a month. Not my idea of mowing but it's his property. 16 lots. Seems even if I go slower it still makes Mohawk. I repaired all the deck spindles and replaced the bearings in them. New blades too. I don't know. At first I wasn't leaving them. Now I am.

dakotanut

Threads
i just pulled the deck off to see if any debris was stuck to the deck. I cleaned it as good as possible. I'll have to wait until I mow next weekend to see if it still does it. I'm having other lawnmower issues atm.